Has anybody upgraded Vortech to QD, any opinions on others.

cfmx

I have 2 Mp10 and a MP40 I was planning on using with my new tank that I just setup DSA Neo 65. The MP40 is to loud for me to put on the new setup. I wanted to make this a very quite system so just wanted to see if people have done this upgrade in the group with good results. Other options is new pumps tunze, and gyre 130. I will say the Vortechs have been okay I've used them for 6+ yrs and give good flow just looking for the same results with less noise.

Thanks David

I did just the qd upgrade to both my mp40's, incredible difference, can even run on wave mode and not have the wife complain.

Sounds good just didn't want to spend the money and have been better off buying something else new.

Out of curiosity. Did you guys just do the $50 controller upgrade? Or did you also upgrade the wetside? I thought you could do both.

Only ones that benefit from the new wetsides are the 40s, since the 40s are the original one. Which is why the 60 just looks like larger 10. The 40s got a new wetside to match the design of the 10 and 60. So upgrading a 10 or 60 wetside to the QD wetside isn't going to increase flow.

Back