Has anyone else had problems with FedEx?

monkeysee1

Hi again everyone!
Okay so here's the deal -
I ordered three Azure Damsels, one Pincushion Urchin, and one Female Anthia from an online fish store. We agreed on Saturday delivery. The online store shipped out the order WHEN it was SUPPOSED to be shipped out. No problem there.
Well, we waited around the house all day this past Saturday and, well - no show of the FedEx truck. We saw the tracking online and it initially stated that the parcel would arrive by NOON. It didn't. Then we went on line to track it again later in the day, and the estimated time was changed to "by the end of the day".
But nope - no delivery.
Put in a lost parcel claim online on FedEx's website. NO RESPONSE.
Package didn't arrive until THIS PAST MONDAY! And it was late in the day!
Called the online fish store, the customer service credited my account she apologized, she shouldn't have had to; it was TOTALLY, FULLY FedEx's FAULT.
She said she was working with FedEx to have the shipping charges removed.

Okay, so -
out of all of this, ONLY ONE Azure Damselfish made it. He's now chilling in my QT. Everything else died!
I find this behavior by FedEx to be inexcusable. Can their package handlers not read? RUSH - LIVE TROPICAL FISH was plastered all over the box.
NOT the first time I've had issues with this carrier; they're CONSISTENTLY late on items delivered to my place at work. They are terrible.
Maybe I needed to just vent, but I'm curious - has anyone else had issues with FedEx? Is there an onlife fish store that uses a better carrier? If so I'd like to know.
Thanks all!

UPS is just as bad,
I had a very rare old refractor shipped all the way from central Russia, it took months & it actually made it all the way to my front door wherein the driver threw it on the ground from the back of the truck smashing the lenses...........Then he had the gall to tell me oh well start a refund ticket. Took a yr. but i did finally get the refund but the scope was not replaceable from anywhere so upset is an understatement & my package also had fragile glass all over it. Some drivers care & actually look at the warnings on boxes & some could care less, just a job.
TBH best carrier i ever had was the USPS when dealing with livestock as they would deliver inside my heated porch for me.

When the general system is under stress and they hire more people, the chance of screw-ups is greater: weather, rush season, whatever. Any carrier can have problems.

Sorry to hear about your refractometer, oldreefman! This is what I mean - these workers have absolutely NO consideation for the packages they handle and they can't see the stress they cause customers when they mess up! You have to wonder where these carriers hire these brain dead jamokes from! Thanks for the tip on the USPS. I'll have to ask the two online fish stores I order from if they can use them for next time.
I felt the worst for the fish, Sk8r and what they had to go through! I've NEVER had a problem with the quality of fish with the store I ordered from in the past, again it's far from their fault. We live in a fairly rural area, and the only local fish store that we trust (we don't like the chain shops) is a sixty mile or so hike away. The ones closer closed down! (sigh)

The real sore spot about all of these issues is this: Im self employed & if i screw up guess who is held accountable 100% ?
Me, and i make it right no matter how i feel period along with an apology always. That being said i think anyone delivering should be held accountable also, if it is a single individual who did it and its an obvious stupid lazy move on their part and not an unforeseen accident. An apology would be nice too but im dreaming now.
There is no consideration for anyone but the selfish self centered individual anymore when it comes to any delivery persons, Amazon is probably one of the worst, ive seen them destroy many expensive items due to address errors, and property destruction to make a fast delivery no matter what. And they will leave a cardboard box outside in a thunderstorm no knocking ever, sigh even if you leave a sign asking so.
LOL now ya got me venting over idiots :)

Lol Yep. I hear you!
Welcome to brave new wonderful world of internet shopping, get used to it, I guess. Just like we have had to get used to: press 1 for customer service, press 2 for account information, press 3 for........
truth be told, internet shopping (not to mention the shipping service) blows!

Back