Height of Fish Tank

Menashay

Hi,
A question from a total beginner to those of you with experience in marine aquariums.
Space in wall for fish tank is 1374mm (w) x 640mm (h) x 500mm (d) [54” x 25” x 19”]
I can change this space to accommodate a higher fish tank, from 640mm to 1200mm [from 25” to 47”].
I cannot change the width and I cannot change the depth only the height.
What advantages and what disadvantages will I have if I do increase the height of the fish tank?

I'll never have another aquarium deeper than the length of my arm.🫤. Having said that, I would probably make the area much higher than the tank in case you want to adjust the lights up and down and for working room.

I'll never have another aquarium deeper than the length of my arm.🫤. Having said that, I would probably make the area much higher than the tank in case you want to adjust the lights up and down and for working room.

This for me as well. Even then, I prefer shallower. I’m a 18-21” max kinda guy. My current tank is 24” and not a huge fan as it goes about to my armpit and then I need to be concerned with deodorant and what not getting in the tank

Back