HELP!!! Foxface dying????

Newreeflady

I got this guy two weeks ago, all has been well. He has been eating normal, grazing algae and eating cyclops. He is the only new fish addition in 6 months, and is tankmates with my ocellaris pair.

Nothing picks on it, has generally been hiding behind the rocks at dusk to sleep. Was grazing just an hour or two ago, and now I find in the front of the tank, alive, at the bottom, looking rather calico and spotty. . .

Other fish are fine, skimmer and pumps are running, salinity and kH in order. HAVE YOU SEEN THIS BEFORE? Is he dying, or ok?

foxfacecalico.jpg

The fish is still respirating, eyes look normal. No signs of damage. Has not moved from this spot for 20 minutes since I noticed it, and did not respond to camera flash.

:(
-Angela

rabbit fish are like a camelion, my changes all sorts of colors. not sure about staying in the same spot for 20 min though.

Mine looks just like that when he goes to bed. Since yours has only been in there a couple of weeks, he might be still trying to find a favorite night time spot. I'd say he's just sleeping. :)

These are old pics of mine. Look familiar?

Lately my Foxface spends time with his mouth out of the water blowing bubbles.....weird fish...

71647PICT1810.jpg

71647PICT1805.jpg

LOL. Mine looked like that for the first four weeks of quarantine. I just though I got an ugly FF:lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10249733#post10249733 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sjm817
Lately my Foxface spends time with his mouth out of the water blowing bubbles.....weird fish...

Mine does the same thing...

AH! Awesome~! I hope mine blows bubbles soon, too:p

I really wanted to think it was ok, but I just haven't noticed fish lying on the floor oddly. I was expecting a reaction to the camera flash, and when there was none... I thought that was a problem.

Thx all for the quick responses and for easing my mind. Now I can go to sleep. :)

Angela

hope its ok. when i had mine when it was time for bed he would hide under a rock cave, change color to what your pic was and stay there till morning. unfortunatley i lost mine and reasons still unknown. one day eating next day dead. hope all goes well for yours. i will eventually get a new one but not anytime soon.

on a final note mine would sometimes be startled and run into the glass so i would take it easy coming to your tank.. maybe less stressfull for them. :)

Ive seen the same color change in many fish, v tail groupers, wrasses, cardinals, and so forth. Scares alot of people when they first see it happen.
Ryan

My guy even went white once. Sometimes just the top half of him changes to black. Very strange fish.

Not a good pic, but the only one of him white.

2foxfacewhite-vi.jpg

Giraffing is what I read it was called.

16spike-vi.jpg

Back