Help id please

jmsilhy

My elegance started receding a couple of weeks back. Upon reading a lot on the subject, I tried helping it with a coral dip and reduced flow to no avail. The edges of the coral that connect to the "œhorn" started separating. I was going to try fresh water dips but when I got it out it smelled very bad, like a dead snail would. So I decided to let it go.

The question is, both times I got it out I saw a little "œpod" running away from it, as I was picking it up. The second time I was ready and caught it in a turkey baster, and I'm wondering if this critter may have been the cause of my dead elegance, or if it was only feeding on dead tissue helping the tank.

I hope the pics give you a good idea, it looks like a very tiny shrimp, and not a pod.

Thanks in advance!

f062ddd314af9b9bd64a9d8d5241fc50.jpg

e5444bd7e7ccccc706422e78f0b59aa4.jpg

My elegance started receding a couple of weeks back. Upon reading a lot on the subject, I tried helping it with a coral dip and reduced flow to no avail. The edges of the coral that connect to the "œhorn" started separating. I was going to try fresh water dips but when I got it out it smelled very bad, like a dead snail would. So I decided to let it go.

The question is, both times I got it out I saw a little "œpod" running away from it, as I was picking it up. The second time I was ready and caught it in a turkey baster, and I'm wondering if this critter may have been the cause of my dead elegance, or if it was only feeding on dead tissue helping the tank.

I hope the pics give you a good idea, it looks like a very tiny shrimp, and not a pod.

Thanks in advance!

f062ddd314af9b9bd64a9d8d5241fc50.jpg

e5444bd7e7ccccc706422e78f0b59aa4.jpg

Looks like an amphipod to me

Thanks, at first I thought the same but since he shot out of the elegance as I was picking it up, I thought it could be something else. I returned it to the sump so all good, thanks guys.

Back