Help ID : Zoa pox or some Filter Feeder?

yheartsp

Hi everyone

These zoas have been declining lately, i have seen these white swirley things on their stems for weeks now. but some of them are receding/ melting.. i've done a freshwater dip + iodine dip, any idea what's wrong? ;D

IMG_8492.jpg

IMG_8493.jpg

pictures are after freshwater dip today !

update : The white spirals on the stem of the zoas look like Spirorbid polychaetes . I have tons of those at the back of my wall. The zoa polyps that have melted/ receded have tons of these sticking to it, so.. are the ''Spirorbid polychaetes'' killing my zoas?

White swirly things are a good sign of zoa-eating nudis (specifically, their eggs). You should've been seeing them fall out into your FW dip. Are you not?

edit: these look more like white raised bumps as with zoa pox. How's your flow across those zoas and water quality?

This is what I've read - http://www.zoaid.com/articles004.php

Last edited:
White swirly things are a good sign of zoa-eating nudis (specifically, those are their eggs). You should've been seeing them fall out into your FW dip. Are you not?

I am not too sure if any fell out, as lots of brown stuff came out. the white swirly things on the zoas are all over my back wall as well. they closely resemble Spirorbid worms which are harmless? there can't be THAT many nudibranch eggs on the wall, because if so the nudi population would be so intense that all my colonies will be infected and not just one? :wave:

I am not too sure if any fell out, as lots of brown stuff came out. the white swirly things on the zoas are all over my back wall as well. they closely resemble Spirorbid worms which are harmless? there can't be THAT many nudibranch eggs on the wall, because if so the nudi population would be so intense that all my colonies will be infected and not just one? :wave:

Nudis would be pretty obvious if they fell out.

The stuff on your back wall are likely spirorbid worms, but that doesn't mean that's what's on your zoas.

Back