HELP PLEASE! Harlequin tuskfish wrasse and Yellow tail red coris wrasse OK

maynor

Thank you for any help you may be able to give me.

My question is:

Are a Harlequin tuskfish wrasse and a yellow tail red Coris wrasse OK in a large tank pupulated by

80% sps
10% lps
10% leathers and zoanthids

3 tridacnid clams,
an achilles tang,
a sojal tang,
and a purple tang?

Thank you for your time!

I would be more worried about Sohal and Achilles than the wrasses. Shrimp, crabs and small fish could be meals for the wrasses, but they should leave the coral alone. The wrasses are coral safe, but not really reef safe.

Thaks both for your input.

Stykthyn,

The tank is 8'x2'x2' (240g).

Jda,

Due to their temperaments, the plan is to introduce the fish to the tank in the following sequence:

#1 Achilles tang
#2 Sojal tang
#3 Purple tang

The Harlequin and the Coris can go in at any time because they will not bother each other or the tangs.

As far as I knew, the Harlequin and the Coris woud not bother any corals or tridacnid clams, but I just wanted to run it by you to make sure. I do know that any little fish, shrimps or snails will become dinner for them.

Any how, I do thank you very much for taking the time to give me your input.

The wrasses might not eat shrimp and stuff, but they might. I have a tusk that won't eat cleaner shirmp, snails or crabs - no idea about small fish though. The coris might want to bury it's self in the sand. They have the ability to get sand on corals and create dust storms.

For the tangs:
#1 - Won't likely live. If you get a good one, then it could be really awesome and you can get years of enjoyment from it. 10% chance of success in a well established reef tank with an experienced keeper.
#2 - Easy, but become bullies capable of killing the meanest triggers.
#3 - Great choice for a tank that size.

If you like tangs, you might take a look at some of the bristletooths. They are beautiful and not very agressive. Chocolate Mimic tang is my favorite.

Jda,

Thank you very much for your help.

The tank is mature, but is empty in terms of fish, so I hope every things goes well and will be watching them. I will let you know how things go as days, months pass.

Thank you again!

Back