My Tank Thread (Take3) ★Total AUTOMATION★ DIY Doser, Sump, AlgaeScrubber, WaterChnges

Peek at PACMAN before TANK Move

Nothing exciting (but at least it didn't Die). Looking very closely I can see a bit of growth.

38886447341_87442c5d3d_b.jpg

Color difference is Lighting.... LEFT (MH), RIGHT (LED)

Much the same for all the newer Frags.

Tank Move Project starts in 10 minutes.

Will be taking some photos, and will post results when completed.
Should be a done by end of day today if all goes well.

I'm excited, but NERVOUS AS HECK!

Tank Move-OUT ( Half Done ) Next is Setup OLD TANK (Temp Setup)

Time for a break, next will be setup.

All went well with Tank Extraction (From SUMP ROOM)

TANK EMPTIED

38885838272_b722171b4e.jpg

CORALS/Fish/ROCK in TWO BINS

38885836722_3d05a2c395_z.jpg

27145285729_ab5c4e332a_z.jpg

SUMP ROOM OLD Stand and Office View NOW

27145288199_7faf9080fa_z.jpg

38885837602_b2dfe2ecac_z.jpg

Tank Move (Almost Done) Stand/Tank/Lighting

25054150158_56a83b3917_z.jpg

Tank nicely CLEANED. Surprised on condition after 15 years.

Stand is more Solid than it was before in Sump Room.

No Water in Tank yet.

Next is Plumbing into Sump, and fill Tank with Water.

FINGERS CROSSed (For no Leaks)

Almost done (Tank Running, Fish and Rocks IN) CORAL LEFT TO DO

WHEW!! Worst is over. NO LEAKS. Tank LEVEL

Had Problems. Overflow TOO SLOW. Couldn't figure it out.

Then opened up hose, and Calcified Crust in HOse Crumbed into Curved plates and that was plugging HOSE flow.

Broke some Frags. But only a very few.

38041730305_ab723a12f1_c.jpg

Rock structure is bigger since I cooked some rock from Other Tank to increase Rocks for New Tank. (Things were TOO TIGHT, but Taller Stacking worked).

TANK MOVE (COMPLETED)

Just finished the Tank Transfer.

Frag Rack didn't fit so had to mount all Corals.

Exhausted but done :)

Will post a photo tomorrow. Tank with mounted Frags looks Great!!

TEMP TANK (MH Lights ON)

Small micro bubble problem. Skimmer is going nut using all the Epoxy Putty to mount Frags.

38906789272_f0a688b0bb_b.jpg

I was rushed so Missed a patch of Slime Algae. No big deal this is for month or two till new Tank is setup.

Gyre's are soaking in Vinegar, then I work on some more Circulation.

TANK MOVE FINISHED (Circulation) Time to move on to Sump Room Work

It's done. Got Circuilation pumps in (CP-40 & CP-25) Plus the Sea Swirl via DC Waveline Return Pump (Tried the Original Pointy Sea Swirl Nozzle, vs the Flat one. Better push and reach).
Plenty of Random Flow. Semi-Strong Flow.
Will leave Maxspect XF150 for other Tank.

24081729777_19247643b1_h.jpg

No Automation except (Dosing and Lighting) Apex for PH & TEMP.

Now the Really Big Project Starts. Sump Room Reno (Electrical, Wall Work, etc)

Sneak Peak at (Future Tank with Side View, ConerSumpRoom-Wall Exposed)

Having a Front view in Office for years was pretty good (Even with this 65 Gallon Tank)

But the new Corner Exposed, with deeper Tank will certainly be different.

27170938429_15f4f09d92_b.jpg

I can't imagine what 24" depth will be like.

I'm happy you found what was most likely your big issue! This thread shows me if that was your main issue, you shouldn't have any trouble with SPS from here out.

I'm happy you found what was most likely your big issue! This thread shows me if that was your main issue, you shouldn't have any trouble with SPS from here out.

Rakie, I hope you are right (Dishwasher Drain Water isn't SPS friendly for New Salt Water Making). RO Reservoir now shows 0 TDS.
Time will tell, but so far so good.

This thread is ended

Not much to show anymore with respect to this STAGING /TEMP tank.

I'll be starting a new Thread and Will post link here. (Shortly)

Many thanks to all those folks who dropped by.

The Basement Flood has given me an new Opportunity (push) to get a new Tank.

Special thanks to Matt, ED and Sensei, your Wisdom and Encouragement got me this far.

I've learned so much and feel highly confident things will go well with the new setup.

Greatest part of this ending is I discovered that Contamination Leak. I always knew THIS TANK WAS CURSED.

The Curse HopeFully ends on on the Leak Discovery, but there we many other Mini-Curse events.

Till Next time.....Good Bye

Wally B

I found the thread just in time haha. It's always fun watching new builds anyways. This next iteration will be more in line with your goals i'm guessing.

I found the thread just in time haha. It's always fun watching new builds anyways. This next iteration will be more in line with your goals i'm guessing.

Haha. Just in time for possibly a Fairy Tale Ending or Start.

You missed all the Gory scenes.

The new Thread is brewing, but no point showing me ripping things apart which is what I'm doing now with the SUMP room.

I did do one thing SPECIAL with the NEW TANK LOCATION (A VIDEO).
Since I can get to all sides, I got out my Underwater Scuba/Snorkel Camera and shot the Temp Tank from Underneath the surface.

Cool sounds picked up.

CREATED A MINI THREAD till the NEW Thread is started (Link to Thread right here)

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2661024

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ( Temp Tank Photo Update / New Build Soon)

Not ready to start New Build Thread, so doing a quick post here.

39219562052_43fc1b2ca4_b.jpg

The Temp Tank is just sitting there. I will be starting Sump Room Gutting work over Holiday break.

Doing very little maintenance. (Just watching ALK/Calcium Parameters)
Some algae building up (so go an few extra Snails and an Emerald Crab. That helped a bit)

Frags doing ok. Not Great, not bad.

Getting ready for Boxing Day Aquarium Specials to top up supplies and maybe a few things for New Tank.

Wishing everyone a Happy Holiday, and if I don't start the New Thread before 2018, a Happy New Year too.

Not bad is great :D

Rakie....Yes, you are DEAD ON right. No BAD HISTORY lingering around. (No frags bleaching due to Dishwasher Soapy water). That is great!

Thought I'd pass this on.
Family (kids,wife) never know what to buy me for Christmas, so I always choose my own gift.

My RO system is about 15 year old. Still works.
But I'm due for a RO membrane, 3 Cartridge Filters, and my Kitchen "RO Tank" is so old (it will rupture soon, and probably slimy too).

This Christmas deal came along in my email last night (From a really good RO manufacturer in my area few minutes away. They sell Online WorldWide too).

https://www.maxwaterflow.com/HOLIDAY-SPECIAL-5-stage-Reverse-Osmosis-System-7-Water-Filters-_p_1172.html?

Darn good price.

Planning to put this in and maybe split up two systems, (one for Tanks, and one for house drinking water). My current RO setups split at T-Connector for both.

Just the cost of Membrane, 1 Set of filters, and tank comes pretty close. (But in this DEAL I get everything replaced. 3 Set of Cartridges included)

Perfect Christmas Gift for me!!

Rakie, have a Safe and Happy Holiday.
Till next time.
Wally

Sounds good. Feel free to start your new thread, even if it's just plans.

i'm trying my best to hold back.. But a friend offered me a 36x20x20 with stand and sump that I'm very foolishly considering -_-

Anyways, have a great holiday vacation with the fish tank. And the family too, I guess.

Last edited:
Sounds good. Feel free to start your new thread, even if it's just plans.

i'm trying my best to hold back.. But a friend offered me a 36x20x20 with stand and sump that I'm very foolishly considering -_-

Anyways, have a great holiday vacation with the fish tank. And the family too, I guess.

If you have the storage room grab the 36x20x20. You can always start that project when you are ready. (Upgrade to 2nd tank :) )

I will start a pre-build thread, then follow up with a build thread, and when dust settles and water cycles, etc, Start the Final Tank Thread.

Stay tuned....coming soon.

Back