Help: Sicce Syncra Silent 3.0 Noise

arc eye

I finally finished my plumbing only to battle a new issue....noise!

My brand new Sicce Syncra Silent 3.0 pump is humming like crazy. I cant tell if its the pump or the head pressure, but it is humming away. Current head height is 4.5ft vertical plus two 90 elbows and two 45 elbows (all 3/4" plumbing).

There is plenty of flow, so I'm not convinced its head pressure. Could it be a defective pump? Has anyone else had a similar experience with this pump?

Do you have it balanced on its suction cup feet and not touching any hard surfaces?

It is on its suction cup feet not touching anything. It is leaning a bit to one side, but other than that its how it should be.

It just hums really loud from vibration, but its not rattling against anything.

My return hose was resting on the rim of my sump one time and it made a loud hum... Otherwise my sicce syncra 3 was always silent

My return hose was resting on the rim of my sump one time and it made a loud hum... Otherwise my sicce syncra 3 was always silent

Same here for both of mine on separate tanks.

Do you have it hard plumbed for your return? You need the initial connection to be vinyl, then to hard plumbing if so.

Its hard plumbed with a spa flex section near the pump to break up the the vibration. Can you please describe your application. Do you have a lot of head pressure as well?

Just wanted to note that Sicce was easy to work with and sent me a new impeller assembly at no cost. The pump has been very quiet ever since.

Did u order from bulkreefsupply I have the same setup and sounds like a garbage disposal humming only 2 days running. But it i run no plumING it's quite

Back