Help to get nem off rock

ingersoll

I have recently had my bubble tip split and now I would like to remove one of them from the rock so that I can sell it. Is there a good way to get it to come off?

I've heard an ice-cube or blast a power head at it until it detaches. Just make sure it is healed before you start angering it to detach it.

Basically you want to stress it enough to move but not enough to kill it. The easy solution of course is to bust up the rock.

You can slowly pick at the foot but you risk damage. Best bet is to take the rock out and give it a good wack to break it apart.

You can slowly pick at the foot but you risk damage. Best bet is to take the rock out and give it a good wack to break it apart.

And what happens when the rock cracks beneath the nem itself?

... just go with the power head or slow patient pick method. It might take an hour but, how many hours did that thing take to split?

If it just split I would hold off selling it. Healing process takes awhile. Its been thru something very stressful and picking it off the rock won't help with the stress. If its been a couple of weeks and you see the mouth form. Feed it and if it takes then its ready to sell. Good luck.

I would wait a couple more weeks just for good measure. It does take awhile for them to heal and feeding them before they are quite ready to take it isn't good either. Time my friend, time.

We separated a few RBTAs by hanging the rock upside-down out of water with a catching pool of tank water below. It took a few hours, but it worked great.

my anemones have been very resilient (one just split infact), I once had one attach to the floor of a cooler while I was rearranging the display tank. To get him off I used a credit card.

Back