Help with disease ID and proposed treatment please

kilroy217

Have these lyretail anthias in quarantine for about 3 weeks now. All seemed fine for the entire time. Last few days, one of the three fish started to lose its color and it now has this rash looking mark on its side. QT is a fresh setup, these are the only fish in the QT tank. During acclimation on the first day, I did a formalin dip, and once I got the fish eating I did one course of Prazipro. No other treatment so far, and that was a few weeks ago at this point. The fish is definitely hiding, but comes out to eat, and otherwise seems to be ok (ie, no heavy breathing, etc.). The fish is currently eating. can you please help identify what this is, and how to treat? See attached photos.

50020707351_307adc45ac_k.jpg

50020962967_38ad92476f_k.jpg

Bacterial, I think. Furan-2. Antibiotics come in gram-negative and gram-positive, as bacteria do, but Furan-2 is broad-spectrum meaning it treats both. I'd suspect one of the others might be the agency of the injury in the cramped quarters of qt: watch that as a possibility.

Bacterial, I think. Furan-2. Antibiotics come in gram-negative and gram-positive, as bacteria do, but Furan-2 is broad-spectrum meaning it treats both. I'd suspect one of the others might be the agency of the injury in the cramped quarters of qt: watch that as a possibility.

thanks, i will give that a try. i know my QT is small for anthias, but i'd rather QT them in a small tank than not at all.

Back