Help with feeding open brain.

Dapg8gt

I've had a multicolor brain for a year or two. He's doing very well. Mostly puffed up and happy. Rarely he does shrivel up maybe once every month or so. I was reading here that they are not big filter feeders an they need to be fed meaty foods.

I've been trying to see when his sweepers are out but honestly have never seen them the whole time I've had it. I do try to blow food/ juice from feeding over him to trigger response but no luck.. I've checked at all different times of the night and have yet to see his tentacles. So my question is what has worked for you guys to trigger a feeding response in your brain? And being that it has been in the tank this long an is doing well should I just do nothing . He's in good light and lower flow that he seems to like. If the flow is too fast he doesn't look happy so he is on the sand on the side of the tank. I broadcast and target feed oyster feast, coral frenzy and phyto on occasion. Fish get mysis/brine. Formula one and two. Wondering if I should try to get the LPS pellets and turn off the flow and let them sit on top of him. I've tried that with mysis and no luck. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm one of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" type. So if it's been happy for a year, I'm not sure I'd be concerned.

With that said though, if you target feed some meaty food onto it, you'll see tentacles pretty quick. I used to feed mine weekly, but not so much anymore. It just gets the leftovers that the fish/shrimp don't eat.

Thanks for the reply. That's just it I have tried feeding it multiPle times and it does not show its tentacles. Oh well keep on trying. Thanks again.

The Fauna Marin pellets seem to be workin for me. Turn off the flow target a couple pellets right on to the coral and watch it feast :) Good luck.

I will try the fauna Marin pellets. Looking last night and couldn't decide what ones to get. Thanks.

Back