Help with Maxspect Gyre 200 Series

Buzz1329

So I installed one Maxspect Gyre 250 on my 180. Placed it a few inches below the water surface in middle of side wall. I set it at surge 100%. I also have a Tunze powerhead at bottom on opposite side, thinking this may help with gyre flow. But the flow from the 250 does not seem to be reaching the top far wall of the tank. For example, torch coral about 6" below surface and 6" from opposite side wall is barely moving.

Flow on bottom of tank is impressive.

I have ordered a second XF 250 to mount on opposite wall from first one. Plan to run them on pulse/anti-sync mode. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

I just installed my Maxspect Gyre XF-250's a week ago and notice the same thing but I did upgrade the firmware and waited to see what happens. Right now, they seem to be functioning the way Maxspect's specs are stated. Maybe waiting and updating the firmware could be the answer.

I just installed my Maxspect Gyre XF-250's a week ago and notice the same thing but I did upgrade the firmware and waited to see what happens. Right now, they seem to be functioning the way Maxspect's specs are stated. Maybe waiting and updating the firmware could be the answer.

Thanks.

I saw the software update info on site but was cowed by repeated warnings that mistake in downloading updates could turn controller into brick. Given my lack of technical skills, think I'll wait to see if 2d 250 solves problem.

Mike

Back