Here's some context for those that think we can't impact the environment

HippieSmell

Occupy Reef Central
link

For those that think the world is just too big for humans to have an impact, this might help put things into perspective. The oceans and the atmosphere don't look indestructible now do they?

You know... 1 drop of 409 cleaner (or similar pollutant) into a 300g aquarium will do a TON of damage - maybe even kill everything.

and the ratio of that drop to the tank is a lot bigger than either the water/air example in that link.

I wonder how people would feel or if their perspective would change if all human "waste" was pumped directly into those 2 small spheres? (and their food sources are fed from those spheres)

I'm sure someone will say something to the affect of concentration vs water/air being spread out, flowing, going through cycles and hosting animals/plants still offset our pollution/waste - but their minds are already made up now aren't they?

Great post!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12094305#post12094305 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chrissreef
I'm sure someone will say something to the affect of concentration vs water/air being spread out, flowing, going through cycles and hosting animals/plants still offset our pollution/waste - but their minds are already made up now aren't they?

Your mind isn't already made up?

oops - I think I meant smaller ratio

is my mind made up? I dunno about global warming... but I believe other pollutants are having a negative environmental impact (and have seen areas completely changed to what I believe are human impacts)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12094721#post12094721 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kaptken
Well, If your fish are swimming funny or growing extra whiskers or something, this might be the reason why. prescription Drugs and chemicals in our water supply. None of which are removed from our drinking water.

a good arguement for a good DI filter on your RO.

the way i see it is if an RO can remove ions from the water the how much easier can it remove these large molecules. if you think about it some RO systems require that the water pass through a semi-permiable membrane and lets say that i can remove something as small as Fe2O3 then what makes you think it cant remove something like dopamin ,C6H3(OH)2-CH2-CH2-NH2, which is common in our tap?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12096480#post12096480 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chrissreef
oops - I think I meant smaller ratio

is my mind made up? I dunno about global warming... but I believe other pollutants are having a negative environmental impact (and have seen areas completely changed to what I believe are human impacts)

You are free to believe anything you want. How about some data?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12492790#post12492790 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by samtheman
You are free to believe anything you want. How about some data?
Lol, you need data to show that pollution has negative impacts on the environment?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12493555#post12493555 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by HippieSmell
Lol, you need data to show that pollution has negative impacts on the environment?

No I believe everything you say.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12500901#post12500901 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by samtheman
I am glad to see you favor population control. Are you from China?

The horse is dead mate, leave it alone.

"tree hugger shock media" (quoted from link)

I think it's funny that some people think there's a big conspiracy of environmentalism, in fact it's so funny I want to cry.

As if you need proof or scientific studies to show that the Earth has been horribly maimed. It's not up for debate, that mind set that the world is too big for us to impact is on the same level as the world is flat and the sun revolves around the earth. Laughable.

Not debatable: forests gone, water poisoned, air poisoned, garbage everywhere, massive extinction, receding glaciers, dying reefs, rising sea level, too many people, exhaustion of resources, societal lack of consciousness, inadequate education, corrupt media and government, messed up economy - all related.

Did you know that what we think of as most of the standard effects of aging have been traced to ubiquitous lead in the environment? Isn't that special? Ever wonder just why they put lead in everything for so long: gas, paint, innoculations?

The pharms in the water supply: free health care for everyone and man boobs. :celeb3:

Go Cork a volcano

Go Cork a volcano

90% of all co2 emissions come from volcanos. Stop global warming - go cork a volcano

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12662036#post12662036 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jankytomato
I think it's funny that some people think there's a big conspiracy
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12662036#post12662036 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jankytomato
Not debatable: forests gone, water poisoned, air poisoned, garbage everywhere, massive extinction, receding glaciers, dying reefs, rising sea level, too many people, exhaustion of resources, societal lack of consciousness, inadequate education, corrupt media and government, messed up economy - all related.

Did you know that what we think of as most of the standard effects of aging have been traced to ubiquitous lead in the environment? Isn't that special? Ever wonder just why they put lead in everything for so long: gas, paint, innoculations?
Yeah...those conspiracy theories are pretty crazy. :rolleye1:

on the same level as the world is flat and the sun revolves around the earth.
That was government sponsored, modern science at one time.

Back