Hey Strangers

reewik

Long time no chat. Yes, I am still in the fish hobby... again.... Actually today I just bought another tank. I am installing a 180 in my Dining room wall soon. This one will not be salt though. I want to run a small schooling freshwater set up. The 180 salt is still going. I have a limited amount of corals as this is a high protien setup with aggreesive fish and coral's mixed. Yes I said it, mixed.

I am fighting some red slime but that is not to bad to deal with.

I am looking for a rather nice sized chuck of Colt coral if anyone has one to sell. Matter of fact soft corals do pretty well in this enviroment so let me know what you have.

I will also be looking for some freshwater fish and plants, driftwood, and whatever else. Will let you know more on that in the near future.

I'm not sure how often people check this forum, but the MTRC has their own forum at reef 2 reef dot com now.

It's more active over there now.

Steve

Who are you again? :)

I am glad your tank is doing well. I have always had better luck with mixed reef with high fish loads for some reason. My problems started happening when I tried to go low nutrient, sps only. Oddly enough, even the sps did better in the higher nutrient system.

I might have some mushrooms you can have but I will have to see if I can find some that aren't attached to huge rocks. My wife's FW tank has a lot of plants and I'm sure we could spare some. Not sure exactly what's in there though.

You need to check out what kind of RC I have gotten into now. I am mostly flying FPV lately and it is making the helicopters feel boring. Here is a video from last weekend.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViqBf1jHGSE

Who is this guy? He acts like someone should know him...

How's it been going Eric? Hope the family is doing well. Still into photography? Glad to see you post again. I'm not in Nashville any more, but still hanging in there in the addicition.

Who are you again? :)

I am glad your tank is doing well. I have always had better luck with mixed reef with high fish loads for some reason. My problems started happening when I tried to go low nutrient, sps only. Oddly enough, even the sps did better in the higher nutrient system.

I might have some mushrooms you can have but I will have to see if I can find some that aren't attached to huge rocks. My wife's FW tank has a lot of plants and I'm sure we could spare some. Not sure exactly what's in there though.

You need to check out what kind of RC I have gotten into now. I am mostly flying FPV lately and it is making the helicopters feel boring. Here is a video from last weekend.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViqBf1jHGSE

Ok now that is crazy!!!

Yeah, it is a rush flying between trees and right above the ground. I have a set of goggles the almost makes it feel like I am in the plane. The have headtracking on them that points the camera wherever I look.

That's too cool. Used to fly RC when I was in high school. So you actually put on glasses and a camera on the plane transmits to the glasses so it feels like you're flying the plane? Sounds like a new hobby is in the works. What does a system like that cost? Thanks.

Dave

That's too cool. Used to fly RC when I was in high school. So you actually put on glasses and a camera on the plane transmits to the glasses so it feels like you're flying the plane? Sounds like a new hobby is in the works. What does a system like that cost? Thanks.

Dave

Yeah, I have a pair of goggles that look kinda like something from Star Trek I put on and it has two little screens in it.

In addition to the plane and everything to make it fly you have to have a camera, video transmitter, video receiver, and a monitor or goggles. A bare bones setup is probably $200 to $300 in addition to whatever the plane costs. You can add on screen display with an autopilot that will bring your plane back if you lose video or get lost, headtracking goggles, GoPro for HD recording, long range RC transmitter and receiver, etc. and make it a few thousand dollars. I guess it is a money pit a lot like reefing.:lol:

If you want to do some reading on it here are a couple of forums that have a lot of info on it.
http://www.rcgroups.com/video-piloting-fpv-rpv-469/
http://66.162.125.229/forums/forum.php

If you're ever in Middle TN on a weekend let me know and maybe I could show you my plane and take you for a ride.

HI Eric! Wow two 180 set ups!!...SW or not thats a lot of water dude. I am actually totally fishless for the first time in years...Its weird and I have almost set one back up but keep reminding myself I don't need more on my plate. I plan on going planted FW whenever I do get back into it. I have some nice mopani (sp?) wood peices I got from the critter I am saving for that future project. Good luck with that project!! Still into photography? I was wanting some good outdoor pics of my kids and thought of you the other day!
They are animals after all ;)

Back