High dkh

thompson2224

My dkh is at about 14-15. I've checked over and over again and have had others test it.

I have done close to a 80% water change over the past week and it has still not fallen as I am using coral pro salt and when mixed it comes out near 11-13 dkh.

What can I do to get it within normal ranges? How long will it take to lower naturally?

Calcium is at 480 and mg is 1350 PH 8.2 salinity 1.025 it's a 90 gallon DT with 20 gallon sump

I've heard muriatic acid but that scares me and wouldn't that lower PH which would require adding buffer which would increases kh again?

I have an anemone tank that stays high but my tanks with corals dKH always drops. What are you planning on keeping?

With sps, doing a large water change will drastically change dkh and probably lose your frags. I would let it settle down on its own. Could take 2-3 weeks depending on sps consumption.

Ive used muraitic acid in my water change reservoir. Dropped alk down to 5dkh. Did my water change and brought it down from 15 to 9. But i have LPS tank

Depends. How long have they been at this dkh. Any polpy extension or dying corals? If not, just let it settle .

Isn't stable high Alkalinity means accelerated coral growth? That's what Sharon Ram, head scientist of RED SEA said in his article.

By high Alkalinity, at the range of 12.1 to 13 dKH.

Back