High fin gobie and pistol shrimp, haven't seen since I brought home?

jwheeler

Are these guys super good at hide and seek or what? I have already 2 clowns that eat out of my hand. Last Saturday I bought a royal gamma and a pistol shrimp and high fin gobie. The gamma hid in a rock the the first day but would dart out when I fed. By Wednesday he still hangs out in the rocks but comes out like he's friendly when I feed. Since Saturday night I've not once seen the high fin or the pistol shrimp. Not even when I feed. When I first brought the shrimp home he dug underneath the sand in front of the tank as soon as he touched the sand. I didn't see where the high fin went. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

Thanks!

Pretty much, yes.

The only reason I know my Alpheus shrimp is still alive is that he clicks five, six times around 11pm. Very consistently. I saw him dig out a couple caves the first three days, but I haven't seen him in about 5-6 weeks now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when I had mine couple years back there was times I went 1-2 months without seeing them , I actually thought he was dead one time as I went 3-4 months without seeing em than one day they just popped out .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a tiger pistol and yellow watchman last summer. Paired up and were out some. Watchman disappeared after a month maybe. I then got a wheelers goby and it paired up and the shrimp and goby where out all the time. It was great! Then one morning the wheeler goby was on my screen top dried up. Somehow fit through a very small gap I had in the screen where some wires were going through. Then I decided to get a hi fin goby for the pistol shrimp. Put him in and he immediately hid, haven’t seen him since. Been 3 or 4 months. I assume he is dead, but idk. I haven’t seen the pistol shrimp since the wheeler jumped but I hear him clicking at night. If I try it again I’m getting another wheeler goby.

I got a tiger pistol and yellow watchman last summer. Paired up and were out some. Watchman disappeared after a month maybe. I then got a wheelers goby and it paired up and the shrimp and goby where out all the time. It was great! Then one morning the wheeler goby was on my screen top dried up. Somehow fit through a very small gap I had in the screen where some wires were going through. Then I decided to get a hi fin goby for the pistol shrimp. Put him in and he immediately hid, haven't seen him since. Been 3 or 4 months. I assume he is dead, but idk. I haven't seen the pistol shrimp since the wheeler jumped but I hear him clicking at night. If I try it again I'm getting another wheeler goby.

Yea I still haven't seen either one. I haven't found a body anywhere either.

Gobies hide. If there is a species in the tank they're afraid of they go on hiding. Usually howevet they come out. I just bought a watchman, and I see him, oh, maybe 30 seconds every few days, but this will increase. I had one that didn't show for months: he'd made his burrow on the back side of the tank. Don't move rocks searching for him: that only prolongs his crisis of confidence, and could trap him so he couldn't get out.

He’s alive! Haven’t seen the high fin since the day I bought him, it’s been almost 3 months. I normally always feed flake food with very random frozen shrimp. I fed frozen shrimp the other day for the first time forever and he came out to see what’s up. Him and the pistol are still paired up and it was amazing to finally see them out. Then they quickly disappeared lol

Same here, i noticed after i introduced a Royal Gamma my usually always out perched on his favorite rock Watchman goby disappeared & now only comes out of hiding when im feeding & both the Goby & the Gamma open their mouths real big at ea. other at that location, fun to watch the territorial goofing around. Im glad he is still alive.

Same here, i noticed after i introduced a Royal Gamma my usually always out perched on his favorite rock Watchman goby disappeared & now only comes out of hiding when im feeding & both the Goby & the Gamma open their mouths real big at ea. other at that location, fun to watch the territorial goofing around. Im glad he is still alive.

I bought a royal gamma same day as him. Must be why mine hides also

Back