High Nitrates in fresh saltwater!!

I would mix the salt with the water cold and add the heater much later just before the water change. less precipitation that way

I do not keep the brute covered - primarily because of the condensation build up and I thought it was better to not cover it so there is oxygen exchange. Something else
I learned - we have 2 cats and the litter box is in the same room about 10 feet away - I also have detectable ammonia in the makeup water and the Ro/di brute right next to it ( I do have a lid on the ro/di brute but there is a hole in the lid from where I drilled the wrong size hole - I will put some tape over this). I moved the litter box out of the room - I know this is a problem but it wouldnt cause the Nitrate problem, right?

I'm not sure. I'd move the container out of the room with the litter box and I'd keep it covered, to see what happens. Honestly, I think it's more likely that something is entering through the air than from the pump or Brute. Problems with litter boxes seem to surface from time to time.

Cat Shitters Full !!

Attachments

• mornin-shitters-full-~ss-20964315.jpg
    mornin-shitters-full-~ss-20964315.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 0
Back