Hooking up ati sunpower to apex

ayionna06

Hooking up ati sunpower to a apex
What would I need in order to be able to hook my ati sunpower to apex? I also plan on buying some LED strips looks like I'm leaning more toward the sbreeflights actinic bar strips(2) instead of the xho reefbrites
I have heard of this being done just can't remember where I read it at. I know the sunpower is not dimmable but does have 2 separate controls to control the bulbs. Not looking for anything ridiculously crazy. I'm more looking to create the dusk till dawn effect and finding a nice easy schedule.
Thanks in advance and look forward to your answers and possibly suggestions

You plug the 2 bulb plug into one outlet and the 4 bulb (if you have 6 bulb for instance) into another plug on the energy bar and set up different times.

I have a 6 bulb with XHO strip and this is how I have mine set up.

XHO on at 8 am
2 bulb on at 10 am (actinic at this point)
4 bulb on at 11
4 bulb off at 7
2 bulb off at 8
XHO off at 10

Santa is bringing the LSM moonlight setup so those will come on around 930 likely and go a while.

Nice set up. I have the 8x80 60 inch fixture
I was thinking of going with 2 xho but for the price of 1 I can get both sbreeflights actinic strips LEDs. Just have to see if there able to be hooked to apex

I wish I had known the XHO woudl be an additional 90 to hook into my apex which is criminal in my mind. I love the light but for the cost it should have included that.

If I were to do it again I would go SBreeflights myself.

How do you have your xho hooked up to apex? Hopefully it's the same with the sbreeflights. I might have to buy some sort of module to be able to control that through the apex also

Like soulpatch said, its simple. Just plug the two plugs into different outlets. I have my fan plugged in a third outlet which turns on/off whenever the two bulbs do (which are my sunrise and sunset bulbs)

I used to run a Kessil 350 in front of my fixture, angled into the tank. I just ran this on a fourth plug with a different program to turn on/off before my ATI Sunpower turns on.

Back