Horace....out

Horace

Well guys I think I have come to the conclusion that my opinions/ideas are not wanted nor welcome here. It seems any time I offer any shred of advice I get attacked so I think its best I just remove myself from the club. Perhaps most of you are happy about this (Im getting that impression) so I doubt it will make any waves anyway. For those of you who have helped me in the past, I thank you very much. If any of you want to get in touch feel free. Otherwise Peace!

oh jeez, man. grow a sack. :D

it's just the internet. you should know by now how forums work. right?

come on, mang. differing opinions are what make things tick.

I am fine with differing opinions, but I dont appreciate being argued with just for the sake of arguing. Also if I said what I really wanted to say I would be banned again so I think the best thing to do is just go to other areas of Reef Central where people are a bit more open minded.

What people here dont realize is I do a hell of a lot of research before I offer my opinion. I take this hobby very seriously and am a constant student, spending hours a day reading about this hobby and talking to people who really know thier stuff. I have had many long conversations with owners of some of the best tanks in the country. I would venture to say I have done more research in the last year than most in this hobby ever will. I dont just say things for the sake of saying them. I pretty much just come here to try and help people out but apparently that is not wanted or welcomed.

I would like to to repeat what Jazzmann2 had to say. I have a protein skimmer (that is not ajusted right) but because of Horace and his comments and links I do have a skimmer. Horace has taken the time to answer the same questions that I am sure have been asked a thousand times but still takes the time to help.
Thanks very much.

I think some people on this forum do take things WAY to serious...this is a hobby that we are suposed to enjoy. Horace I dont know you but you have given good advice to me in the past as well & you seem to know your stuff.

I dont know whats going on but I wouldnt let anyone push you out of something you enjoy. They cant argue with you if you dont argue back, just speak your opininion & dont worry what others think. Not saying that you are not but you have to be open minded to others opinions as well. Hope you stick around.

Last edited:
Wow, this is the only forum you lurk in? There's so much more to RC than this forum. Look at me, I don't "belong" to any forum and I lurk everywhere.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6814325#post6814325 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Freed
Wow, this is the only forum you lurk in? There's so much more to RC than this forum. Look at me, I don't "belong" to any forum and I lurk everywhere.

I have over 1400 posts, of which proabaly only a hundred or less are from this forum. I enjoy the DIY, SPS Keepers, Lighting, Chemistry and a few others quite a bit as well.

I guess I may have been a bit hasty in my decision to leave the forum. I think I let the actions of a very few generalize to the whole community and I appologize for that. I have recieved some very kind pms that have reminded me of that fact. So after a day of thinking this through I will continue posting and doing my best to help you guys out. I am hoping that things can remain peaceful from now on.

I thought you might have a change of heart. Not everybody is mean and unwanting of knowledge. I for one really appreciate the help and advice. Thanks and keep it up.

Us Bloomington folks should get togeather some time. It seems alot of those people hosting meetings and such are all from quite a distance. We have so many of us right here in town yet it seems we dont ever talk. I would have you guys over to my place, but atm my tank is pretty much all frags accept for a few pieces. It looks great dont get me wrong but it really needs about another 6 months to a year before it really looks worthy :p.

Horace,

Glad to see you are sticking around. I knew you couldn't stay away ;)

A couple things -

First, CIMA meetings are open for anybody to host. We only ask that they have joined us at least 2 times prior to hosting. Why CIMA has never held a meeting in B/N is a mystery to me. However, just yesterday I had a B/N native request to host in April. Unfortunately we already have a host for April, but I may try to move things around a bit to accomodate the request. Next month is Peoria. Not really any closer for you, but you could hitch a ride with someone coming through from Champaign.

Second, I know you feel you are being picked on, but truly you are not. You are an active poster and on occasion bring discussion worthy topics into the CIMA forum. This alone promotes you to get into discussions. The topics may seem "heated" at times, but honestly for me that is never the case. I enjoy a good discussion and quite honestly enjoy your posts because of this. Your posts, and my subsequent responses promote thought for both of us (and most definately our audience as well). Thinking is good IMHO as it furthers our knowledge. If we all sat around and agreed with each other I think it would be a very boring place, not to mention I do not think anything would truly be learned. With disagreement comes discussion. With discussion comes advancement in our understandings and beliefs. Through this everyone gains a small kernel of knowledge. After a lengthy discussion you may walk away thinking you are right, and I may do the same, but through our disagreement our beliefs were questioned and thereby strengthened or possibly it opened our mind to a new avenue. Regardless, the outcome is positive for all parties involved.

I look forward to future discussions with you,

Henry

Only thing I've figured out the last couple of years is,
there's damn few absolute truths and no finite right answer.

Just a little something to remember during these "discussions".

Lowell

I think we should get together in B/N. Not like we have to make it a formal thing and we don't have to keep it just for B/N people. there are enough of us though to get together.

Thats what Im saying.. it doesnt really need to be a CIMA sponsored thing. There are pleny of us here as it is. Not that we would turn others away...you get my point..

Back