Horace....out

Glad you decided to stay, I have read many of your posts and I enjoy them, and hearing people disagreeing is not always bad. Hopefully we can all learn something from it.

A while back we discussed encouraging having some meetings of a
more local basis. These wouldn't need to be the full fledged meetings
we've come to know, just some people from a local area getting
together. This group as a whole covers a fairly large area, and
both the distances and numbers can be an issue for the main meetings. We've got colonies now in C/U, B/N, Peoria, Springfield, .?. that could
have local get togethers and we can all still mass together as CIMA.

We usually let meetings lag over summer, and typically there is
some desire to continue getting together. Might be an opportunity
to try a "colony meeting" or two to help foster our association over
the summer months and see how it goes.

Lowell

I was thinking about something a bit more off the cuff. Not a whole ton of planning involved, more like a time when somone says, hey guys if you want to come over and check out my tank and see how I am doing things come over this weekend. The reason I say this is because most of us dont really have a tank worthy of gathering tons of people around, so something a bit less formal is what I had in mind.

So this is me saying to all of you guys in the local area or where ever, if you ever are interested in seeing my tank or just want to stop by and chat feel free to drop me a PM. I am normally home on the weekends and usually not very busy after work either on week nights. I would be happy to talk reefs with any of you. If you are in the mood to swill down a few beers I wouldnt be opposed to that either :p

horace, i don't have anything for you to come look at, but if you wanna come help put some new control arms/balljoints on the bimmer, you're more than welcome to come help wrench and drink some beers. :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6848423#post6848423 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by XeniaMania
Grow a sac...be a man..do the right thing...:D

Who is this chode from CA telling me to grow a sack? Get some frame of reference before you start posting that garbage. The first guy who said to grow a sack I happen to know personally. Who the heck are you?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6847798#post6847798 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Benny Z
horace, i don't have anything for you to come look at, but if you wanna come help put some new control arms/balljoints on the bimmer, you're more than welcome to come help wrench and drink some beers. :D

Im selling my Z because I want to work on cars LESS not more LOL.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6847670#post6847670 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Horace
I was thinking about something a bit more off the cuff. Not a whole ton of planning involved, more like a time when somone says, hey guys if you want to come over and check out my tank and see how I am doing things come over this weekend. The reason I say this is because most of us dont really have a tank worthy of gathering tons of people around, so something a bit less formal is what I had in mind.

Yeah, that's basically it. Lost count of the times I editted out "less
formal" from my post. Just hard to think of the regular meetings in
terms of "more formal", or "formal" at all.

Tux and Tails required for the March meeting.
Please leave shoes at door.

I guess when I mean formal, I mean scheduled as a monthly meeting, with tons of people showing up to get a presentation on a tank. Im really not interested in presenting my tank like that. IMO its not worthy YET :p. But a few people coming over to drink some beers and checking out its progress is a different story all togeather.

I was the one requesting the meeting in April. I've been busy with my house (painting/remodeling/moving my brother out, etc.).

My tank is pretty much a big sps frag tank, I've got mostly stuff from reefermadness, epon, and a few chicago reefers. I'm still in the stages of painting the first floor so I haven't got to the basement yet (where the 90 and now the 20 reside) so while I'd like to say everyone come over and see my stuff now, I really wouldn't be happy with the way the rest of everything looks.

Anyway, I've also got some addition equipment that I need to hook up and a few more things to buy so that I can get everything more automated as well as getting a fuller light setup as my icecap vho ballast isn't working. Right now my tank is under 10k bulbs and although somestuff looks decent, the actinic vhos would make it all look much better.

If the April meeting doesn't work then September would be good also.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6867547#post6867547 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hounddog01
I think Horace's place would be a good meeting place. I can have my beers and walk home :p

Actually I think yours would be better :p.

Back