How are everyone's choati leopard wrasses doing?

Mine is doing great, eating spectrum pellets now, along with pe mysis. Trying to fatten up the little guy now so he fits in with the rest.lol
Are you still waiting for yours Steve? How are your leopards doing?

IMG_5411.jpg

Well, I have two: an ornate and a bipartus (both females). Both are out and about, eating and hunting. So I am optimistic.

I am still waiting and hoping for a choati. We shall see. I am really glad yours is doing well!

i saw some in the lfs and half looked dying...i didnt think they were hardy fish but it looks it may have just been that particluar batch

they are not hardy. What you saw at the LFS is the usual for these fish.

im glad to see some people having success with them!!

She's one of my smaller fish, but I'll tell you what, she gets right in there and mixes with the rest of them to get her food.
Every time I walk downstairs to my tank and they see me, they all line up for food,and she is right there first in line.

Mine continues to do well. She is bigger than the majority of my other wrasses and has become the leader. Everyone gets out of her way, even my hippo leaves her alone. There is a lot of displaying between her and my bipartitus, but no serious aggression. I am so glad I decided to give this fish a try. A few pics:

_EMA7007.jpg

_EMA7048.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14804637#post14804637 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by snorvich
Well, I have two: an ornate and a bipartus (both females). Both are out and about, eating and hunting. So I am optimistic.

I am still waiting and hoping for a choati. We shall see. I am really glad yours is doing well!

Glad to hear your two are out and eating Steve. I was wondering how they were doing.

Ellen

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14808419#post14808419 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bradleyj
Beautful shots Ellen. How many different wrasses do you have?
Your tank looks great.

Thanks for the compliment Bradley. If my sps grow in to look half as nice as yours I will be happy! Most of my corals were moved over from my 39g back in November when I started the 95g. I have 6 wrasses: carpenter, yellow coris, hooded, solar, chaoti, and bipartitus.

I love your tamarin wrasse. Do you think I could add one to my group? Everyone seems to be getting along so well that I am hesitant to add any more especially given the size of my tank.

It would be competing with your choati and bipartitus, as well as your coris wrasse. You could try, but your tank may be a bit on the small side. Since your others are doing so well, it could very well work.

Nice pictures Ellen! I would be leery of adding much to your mix given how well everything is going. If you do not have one, a fancy goby/shrimp pair might be interesting and would not upset your wonderful aggregation of wrasses.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14809786#post14809786 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by snorvich
Nice pictures Ellen! I would be leery of adding much to your mix given how well everything is going. If you do not have one, a fancy goby/shrimp pair might be interesting and would not upset your wonderful aggregation of wrasses.

That is the way I am leaning. I am very pleased with the group that I have now.

all three of mine are doing fine ,eating well and swimming around most times of the day however its 1;37pm now and none are out ,odd . new statement up until today all three have been doing well , i'm thinking its sunday and they were out late last night, so far so good with mine . i wont bore ya all with pictures cause there are a few others posted now but they are fat and healthy as can be expected ,hats off to blue zoo .Steve i havent forgotten about you just things have kinda mellowed out with them so time will tell !~

a big factor is the time change where they are caught. In AU its 9 hours earlier from the east coast(but a day a head...) so when you put them in a tank they come out during the day in Australia. It takes some time to get use to!

My Choati, Bipartitus, and Potter's are all doing great.
I wouldn't say leopards are particularly unhardy...they just don't travel well. If you get one that is not stressed from his travels...get it in your tank, and get it eating...they are very hardy. Once established in your tank, they are great fish.

wow what can happen in eight hours ! i have one of my choati leopards that is fluttering ,flipping etc all over the bottom of my tank .definatly looks like the death dance to me !gonna keep my fingers crossed and just did a large water change ,checked the water peramiters and all looks okay . my choati aint digging it tonite ,hope he nips it in the bud and gets better real quick !

Back