How do I change Sicci mesh impeller to a needlewheel

DrHarryLopez

One Happy Reefer
I have been having problems with one of my sicci pumps from the ATI Bubble Master 250 skimmer.

Premium Aquatics sent me a red needlewheel to modify and correct startup issues with this pump. However, I do not know how to remove the head. I'm scared i might break it. I tried to pull it off and twist it off. Does anyone have any experience with this?
IMG01271-20110309-1146.jpg

IMG01272-20110309-1146.jpg

Thanks bro, I also posted this up on Premium Aquatics Vendor forum. I can't believe they didn't know how to change the needlewheel and suggested I ask around on RC!

I have a year's warrenty which expires in July. Hey, if I can't fix this, I'm goning to sent the pump back.....

thats completely understandable. can u upgrade it to another pump? like the bubble masters?

Holly Cow!!! That stuff is really easy! Now i have to wait until I go into the office tomorrow :(

Joe, you are the MAN! I was getting a little PO'd.

Yay reefing friends! woohoo

Thanks bro, I also posted this up on Premium Aquatics Vendor forum. I can't believe they didn't know how to change the needlewheel and suggested I ask around on RC!

I have a year's warrenty which expires in July. Hey, if I can't fix this, I'm goning to sent the pump back.....

I apologize, I believe you were speaking with Michelle on the phone and she has never changed one out before. It looks like you've got it figured out, let us know if we can help you with anything.

Manufacturer defect on start-up issues with the pump, item still under warranty and you paid for the impeller. Not even Toyota would do that!!

Back