How do tou rate your Marine supply store?

BuckeyeFrags26

AquaticLife
I wanna hear what people look for in a good and honest saltwater store you buy from. how do you asset that your buying at the right shop and not getting fooled into buying sick fish, or over priced goods, such as fish, additives, Salts, etc. I just want a general idea of how people dedicate to shop at that specific store

Posted from ReefCentral.com App for Android

I acual like to find ou if the owners are ther, and get to know them. This will tell me if they are money hungry or actual care about the hobby. Now I don't have that way of life, I have not one saltwater store within an hour drive. So most of my ordering comes from online, live stock as fish come from TPP.

As for buying dry goods you get an idea of what stuff cost around your area. When I was station down south there weren't to many LFS so I paid a little bit more.now where I live only place I can get salt is petsmart, after the last LFS closed down they rose there price a little on salt and said the manufactor rose the price on them.

I look for a clean store with knowledgeable staff and healthy specimens. That's really all you can do.

Same here.

I am in retail (specialized A/V design and sales contractor) and have to understand good customer service to work with our Client base.

I shop a few stores in Jacksonville, Florida. Keep in mind that I have to travel almost 1 3/4 hours to get there from home . I mean no ill will on any of these, just my honest opinion of experiences there. No names will be mentioned.

One shop I have been shopping at for just about a year and spent over 3K at on equipment and livestock. Here one of the weekend guys smiles and seems to remember me, and is always very helpful, but others seem to really be not interested in anything but the sale, and one there is very condescending. I was planning to make a large lighting (ATI) purchase for existing tank, as well as asking to put together a new tank (135) package, but now I'm not sure.

Another I that was suggested to me has a nice store and DT, staff is polite and friendly but rushed, and some of the Frag tanks have questionable health, for which recently I decided against buying because of this (and I do quarantee/dip corals and fish).

In one brand new one that just opened, the owner is very hands on and knowledgable. Seems very intererested in me and needs, offers things like frags out of DT that others wouldn't do. Smaller shop but clean, well designed and stocked. I made several purchases there already and he will likely see much more of my business. My 2 cents worth.

Sincerely,

David

I look for a clean store with knowledgeable staff and healthy specimens. That's really all you can do.

Back