How does one assign a master MP40 on Fusion?

eder10986

I am having trouble setting a pump as a master and the other as a slave in Apex Fusion.
Any advice?

I want to run my pumps asynchronously but right now I am pretty sure they are running in sync because there is no definition between a slave and master.

Thanks.

I don't think you can setup a "Master" and "Slave" unit. Why? Because the controller doesn't read it as that, I don't think.

When setting the two MP's up in Fusion, I believe it gives you the option to run "Anti-sync" from the other, which is exactly what I did.

If anything, I'd say the Apex is the "Master" and the two MP40's are the "Slave" since its telling each one what to do and when, especially in anti-sync mode.

I don't think you can setup a "Master" and "Slave" unit. Why? Because the controller doesn't read it as that, I don't think.

When setting the two MP's up in Fusion, I believe it gives you the option to run "Anti-sync" from the other, which is exactly what I did.

If anything, I'd say the Apex is the "Master" and the two MP40's are the "Slave" since its telling each one what to do and when, especially in anti-sync mode.
I don't believe this is correct. The Apex doesn't drive them, it just has the ability to switch their modes. Same thing as the Reeflink. The pump controller still does the actual work.

Regardless, I think your advice is exactly correct. Set one up the way you want, then set the other to sync or anti sync.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I don't believe this is correct. The Apex doesn't drive them, it just has the ability to switch their modes. Same thing as the Reeflink. The pump controller still does the actual work.

Regardless, I think your advice is exactly correct. Set one up the way you want, then set the other to sync or anti sync.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Well what I meant by that is this:

While the pump controller still does the actual work, IMO it still acts as the slave.
When you connect the MP's to the Apex, they go into a slave-like state allowing the Apex to take full control of their abilities. That being said, you write your program on the Apex which sends its commands to the controller which in turn controls the powerhead. Therefore, Apex is essentially the master by telling the slaves (MP-40's) what to do.

Maybe I'm just thinking too outside the box, lol. :beer:

I tried running one on antisync and didn't notice any differences I cranked it to 100% on antisync and tried different intensities to no avail.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. But really wanting some nice alternating flow in the tank and for some reason I can't get t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one(right) set to what I want them both to be(reef crest, lagoon, etc), then the other is set to anti sync(right). You can then define the intensity of each. I find that if I set one to a slightly higher percentage, it works better.

All this means is if the "master" starts at the beginning of reefcrest and works its way to the end, the "slave" will start at the end and work its way forward.

With them linked through fusion, Neither is a master or slave in the traditional sense of linking them together. As Hentz describe it, the apex is the master, and both pumps are the slave. Simply because you link them to the WXM module and not each other. Least thats my understanding of it.

Last edited:
Back