How is this possible!!!!!!!!

Correct, it's a Lycosidae spider (aka Wolf). Spiders used to be my specialty in entomology class.

Not sure why he's still alive.

He's not. He died a very very harsh death. I don't like spiders and I really hate spiders in my house and I'll be danged if a spider lives in my tank

I swear if my tank gets spiders, I'm so outa this hobby. I'd rather sleep in that Indiana Jones pit with all those snakes than touch a spider.

no joke if my wifes acl was not torn right now I would have made her do it. I am man enough to admit a spider will make me run like a girl. but it works out. I take care of snakes for her and she takes care of spiders...

lets just say in the 5 years we've been together I've seen 2 snakes. she's gotten rid of at least a million spiders lol

They can actually get an air bubble in the hairs around their mouth and breath a bit under water. I have had a wolf spider in my tank once and a fishing spider in my sump. The one in my sump was in the bubble trap with some cheato that fell over the baffle. I reached in to pull the cheato out and some of it started crawling up my arm. I caught him and put him in a sandwich container and his legs stretched from side to side with the knees bent. I guess they are called knees on spiders. I'm guessing 5-6" leg span.

Back