How many fish in a 210g

tmcotton

We have the following fish in our 210g tank and it is doing really well. We have good readings on our water bi-weekly, but wonder if we can continue to add fish...there are really only about 2 or 3 more that we really want, but we can hold off if we should. We have had this tank set up for a year and we haven't lost any in a LONG time...we have been adding for a while, as we find what we like. Is this too many?

Purple Tang
Yellow Tang
Scopas Tang
Porcupine Puffer
Dogface Puffer
LARGE Clown Trigger
Hawaiian Trigger
Niger Trigger
Humu Trigger
Starry Trigger
Undulated Trigger
Blue Line Trigger
Clown Grouper
Panther Grouper
Miniatus Grouper
Blue Spot Grouper
Harlequin Tusk
Magnificent Foxface
Green Wolf Eel
Snowflake Eel
2 Clarkii Clowns
Black Volitan Lion
Red Volitan Lion

They will eat other fish, but we are sure to put bigger fish in the tank that are not as enticing and are equally as aggressive. We haven't had any issues.

Sorry...what is ibtl?
ibtl stands for In Before The Lock.

Assuming this is real and not a troll post, you're severely overstocked already and are one day away from killing a lot of innocent fish. Might as well pack them in a sardine can instead.

Well...that is your opinion and I thank you for it, but our fish look great, are doing great, water parameters are great every 2 weeks, we do water changes every 2 weeks and we have not had any problems. We've had tanks for over 15 years.

Well...that is your opinion and I thank you for it, but our fish look great, are doing great, water parameters are great every 2 weeks, we do water changes every 2 weeks and we have not had any problems. We've had tanks for over 15 years.

Well, let's be honest here, you aren't looking for opinions or "help" from anyone on here. You are looking for some random online stranger to validate adding more fish to an already overstocked tank. You know it is overstocked, hence the validation is needed.

I know that comes off as rude but it really isn't. 1000s of people visit these threads and read them. Some new hobbyist will stumble across your thread and then say, "Hey look! This guy/gal put all that in a 210. That yellow tang will be fine in my 30 gallon!" It is completely irresponsible and if you have kept tanks for 15 years, you would/should know that.

Again, if this is real, your tank is a ticking time bomb. Let's see some pics and videos of your tank and setup. :thumbsup:

Well, let's be honest here, you aren't looking for opinions or "help" from anyone on here. You are looking for some random online stranger to validate adding more fish to an already overstocked tank. You know it is overstocked, hence the validation is needed.

I know that comes off as rude but it really isn't. 1000s of people visit these threads and read them. Some new hobbyist will stumble across your thread and then say, "Hey look! This guy/gal put all that in a 210. That yellow tang will be fine in my 30 gallon!" It is completely irresponsible and if you have kept tanks for 15 years, you would/should know that.

Again, if this is real, your tank is a ticking time bomb. Let's see some pics and videos of your tank and setup. :thumbsup:

210g.JPG

You are a real gem! Appreciate your guidance! :wavehand:

a great example of what not to do, sorry... headaches coming, a year is nothing.
Ryan is offering solid advice..

Wow,....what's with all these people with "years of experience", yet clearly they have no ****in clue what they are doing.

My advice would be remove the clown trigger and all the groupers. Then decide if you want the lions or the remaining triggers and the puffers more. Remove the group that you want less. Lionfish ant triggers/puffers don't mix. The triggers and puffers will nip at the lions spines and stress the lions till they die. It's not an if but a when. After doing this ask for stocking advice. HTH

My advice would be remove the clown trigger and all the groupers. Then decide if you want the lions or the remaining triggers and the puffers more. Remove the group that you want less. Lionfish ant triggers/puffers don't mix. The triggers and puffers will nip at the lions spines and stress the lions till they die. It's not an if but a when. After doing this ask for stocking advice. HTH

but you dont recommend removing the undulate?
:headwallblue:

I find this sort of thing psychologically interesting. For the majority of topics in this hobby, people tend to follow the advice of those more experienced. The two notable exceptions are the perils of overstocking and the need to quarantine. So many (most?) people have to experience the negative effects of skipping qt or overstocking firsthand to change their practice, rather than following informed advice. I am certainly no exception. It's like a rebellious teenager phase lol

I don't understand what you are looking for. First, you ask if you have too many fish. Everyone says yes. Then you say well that's your opinion. Like someone said before, I think you are just looking for that one guy who is even more overstocked than you saying that you have room for more.

Back