How many hours per day do you run your atinics?

How many hours per day do you run your atinics?

• 16 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 14 hours

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • 12 hours

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • 11 hours

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • 10 hours

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • 9 hours

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • 8 hours

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • 6 hours

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters

Wiskey

How many hours per day do you run your atinics? Choose the answer that best suits your situation.

If you see this thread past the second page in the next 3 days (till 1-16-06) please bump it back up for me.

Thanks,
Whiskey

I will explain my vote ( 12 hours ) I have my MHs on for 10 hours, so my atinics are on an hour before and an hour after.

I hardly ever run mine since I have 14K MH's. I will filp them on from time to time though just for the effect.

i dont use actinics, t-5 , 6 aquablue 2 blue +....................altho they are good for cycling rock

I started out with the same photoperiod as toddrtrex, but after a bleaching problem I shortened the MH, and ended up only bringing it back up to 8 hours instead of ten. The actinics still run 12 hours though.

Mine are on for 2 more hours then my daylights. 1 more hour in the morning to wake the fish up and 1 more hour at night to get them use to the dark. Yes, im strange. :D

T5 aqua blues 13.5hrs..... on @8am on, 9:30 off

T5 11K and 65K 6hrs..... on @ 10am on, 4pm off

MH 250W 10K 5hrs..... on @ 3pm on, 8pm off

no actinics

Actinics are on 12h, daylights 10h. Andrew, you're not strange - I think most of us run the actincs for an hour or so before and after the daylight bulbs for a dawn/dusk effect :)

actinics - 12hrs.
m.h.'s - 9 hrs.

michaeldaly....just 10K halides? Ever try any attinics? That would be just too yellow/white for me.

Back