How many hours spent staring into tank?

AliciaP

That's what I want to know. I am a stay at home Mommy, and I know I should be cleaning something, but I find myself staring into my tank all too often lol

How much does everyone just sit and watch their tank?

Daily? or total over the last 25 years? Depending on who you ask, probably way too many of each, lol. I find new things just about every time I look. That, to me, is one of the best parts of the hobby.

I mean how many hours daily. That's exactly what keeps me looking. The new live that I find all the time, or the spawning events I have caught or the tank and Idol fighting their reflections, or the blenny playing in the grass (GSP).

i dont watch TV having the aquarium. Something about 80 corals and 10 square feet of glass in the wall just seems more entertaining. Well, unless family guy is on.

I come home and stop infront of the tank on the way to let the dogs out. sometimes they interupt me whinning because 30 mins or so goes by.:eek:

I come home and stop infront of the tank on the way to let the dogs out. sometimes they interupt me whinning because 30 mins or so goes by.:eek:

Bad dog owner, baaaaaaaad dog owner, lol!! On a lighter note, good fish owner, goooooooood fish owner. :fish2:

ahhh depends who u ask lol

if u asked me, not enough, life is toobusy with work and school and so on.

if u ask my GF who comes and stays with me sometimes ? .... lol she keeps getting mad at me for "spending more time with my reef than her" or "looking at my reef when I should be looking at her" ...
now I make her sit on the side of couch that faces the tank, so I can look at the tank and say I was looking at you baby !

if u ask my GF who comes and stays with me sometimes ? .... lol she keeps getting mad at me for "spending more time with my reef than her" or "looking at my reef when I should be looking at her"

This. My wife is constantly complaining that I spend too much time staring at the tank. If I were to add it up, at least 2 hours a day (I work from home, so I get to stare everytime I walk by it!). She also doesn't get as excited about new life findings in the tank as I do when I say 'CHECK THIS OUT!!! Come here!!' :lolspin:

Fish tank is awesome for babies! When my daughter was teething and crabby, I would put her in her high chair right in front of the tank, and it would keep her mesmerized for hours!

Fish tank is awesome for babies! When my daughter was teething and crabby, I would put her in her high chair right in front of the tank, and it would keep her mesmerized for hours!

She has been into it ever since she was 8 weeks old. She now has to say goodnight to the tank every night. It's usually us and at least one of the two cats LOL. The dog could care less:)

Probably at least an hour or 2. It sits right next to my desk in my room so I can just glance over all the time :D

Are you kidding, I work in front of the tank, read in front of it and do nothing but watch it for hours each day. It's endlessly facinating, like an ever changing portrait. And I've stopped watching tv altogether, its such crap.

my tank is my tv, so any time im in the room with it, im staring! my dog literally gets jealous at how much attention my boyfriend and i give the tank lol

Last edited:
Back