how much fish is to much

kelleymmm1

i have a 12g nano cube with about 15 lbs of live rock a fission skimmer and 20lbs of live sand with 2 purcula clowns 1 yellow shrimpgoby 1 brittle star 1 flame scallop 1 cleaner clam 1 sallylight foot crab 2 emerald crabs 1 camel back shrimp about 15 snails and hermits now does anyone think this is to much i forgot i also have 3 anemones im not sure what kind my ammonia is a little high

Most people stick to a one fish per 10g. Really it depends on you and your skill and husbandry. I would say you've reached your limit as far as fish go.

i have 4 small ish in my 29, a large clarkii and a good sized in my 10, tryignto get rid of, might give to LFS might give to friend

There are a couple inverts I would keep an eye on in that tank as well. Brittle stars can reach 15" or better and as they get larger and their appetite increases,they could easily catch and eat your fish since there is nowhere for them to escape him. The same goes for the sally lightfoot,they are notorious fish eaters when they mature.Camelback shrimp will eat corals.Flame scallops do not live long even in the largest of tanks.There should not be any anemones in that tank,let alone three.If this is a JBJNC the lighting is not enough for an anemone. I recommend that you get a handle on the ammonia,or there will be no inverts or fish.What are all of your other parameters? Why is the ammonia high? Are you using the sponge,ceramic rings etc,that came with the tank? How long has this tank been set up?

Back