How much money have you spent on your main tank?

Man oh man. My first little reef isn't even 6 months old yet, and I figure I'm about 4K in with only a 29g DT. Well stocked, sure. But nothing high end or exotic.

Not a cheap hobby. But IMO it's a little like wpg light measures... there's a certain mimum threshold you have to get past to do this right. Unfotrunately.

It hurts when Im thinking about it. Imagine just the live stock along that I have lost over the years DAng it really hurts. Bc of this I stop keeping track of $$$ But it is so freaking addicting... I need to go to the rehap center. Are there any? its hard to quit this hobbby...lol

I just dropped $3000 on Australian corals in the past 6 weeks. SO let stop this before i have a massive Heart failure..... :lol2: I look at it this way you want something get you only live once.. but your Credit Card and Wallet will out live you ......

lol only bad thing for is i have to drive a 1 1/2 to get to my LFS store or most of it i buy online...got a petco about 1/2 hour away but they always have nothing but bad looking stuff..so most of the time its a wasted drive..one day i was in there and there was a yellow tang for $44 and it was very little..went back a couple weeks later to get supplies and the small one was gone but they had a large yellow tang 4 or 5 times bigger and it was $44 ..gotta laugh about that one..

Don't forget electric BILL.it went from $150.month to $400.00 month .

Wow you reefer's need to move to GOod oh Canada, my tnak costs me about 30 bucks a month, and that is a 150 gal with
3 x250's with actinic's and night lighting about 1350 watts
900 watts of heat
2 vortechs
mag pumps
reactors

Some of us have lower power bills because of the dams on the BIG rivers.... Yep I am one of them. I can only think of how much more it would cost in California or other with no dams

I don't know if I would want to sit down and put the numbers together if I knew how much I really spent I'd probably kill myself.After about 8yrs it can't be good.

Good grief!

Is there some command on Reef Central to make this thread invisible on my computer??? :twitch:

LL :eek2:

320 DT 570 total volume. ive spent over 20k on it and tats equipment tank and stand and watever else is there. but yet wife think its less than 2k until she went to store with me and saw some corals for like 100-200 each lol

i just got my first tank at the beginning of september. I am coming up on 4 grand spent on my 125 so far. I never paid over 2.50 per lb of live rock either. Just think if i would have paid the $10 per lb at the LFS. I still have more fish and corals to buy.

tank

tank

i have too much in a 300 and the wife is a close second with a 150. It's much easier to spend money when she gets to go shopping with you. It's budgetting the extra car payment for the tanks that hurts every month.

Am I the only one that thinks the fish need to go out and get a :bounce2:JOB

I had way too many $$ questions I had to answer with the Wife... I had to give one up.... Its now an Ex and I have to answer to only myself.... Yahooo. No more asking for a tank allowance.. But I have to pay for a maid now.

I have a 200 gal SPS tank and I'm into to it for ~$7500. Almost all my equipment is used, purchased from fellow reefers

Back