How to clean a Tunze pump and what to do about a driver alarm.

That piece is the bush bearing, it is the collar that goes around the hole. It has to be there. I am sorry for the confusion in my last response.

Roger I received my 6100 and it works great. Thank you very much for repairing it for me. I will definately be buying more Tunze products with excellent customer service that can not be beat. Thanks again Roger!

LOL the new propeller kicks but!

I can achieve a 6-7" wave on my 6 foot tank LOL. But thats without the overflow being used. And the stand rocks way too much. So far I got it on the lowest power level and the wavebox produces a 1" wave.......

Great product!

Roger, I fail to see where or how that piece fits into the powerhead. I tried getting it in and it simply would not fit. Im not talking about the circle thing with the orange gasket here. What are you referring to? :)

The round collar piece, you pry it out from the top of the hole, there are two notches where you can remove it with a slotted screwdriver.

roger i have a nano 6045 for about 4-5 months and i have cleaned it twice and the other day it started making noise and when i took it apart the shaft had rusted and broke at the end where do i need to send it to thanks

For the last 21/2 month my Turbelle® stream Kit TS24 work very well, then suddenly 1 pump stop. I do the cleaning with soaking in vinegar but still not working, when I try to turn the propeller it very tight, not the other pump it very loose. Then I try to change the propeller, it the same very tight. Something wrong with the pump or the pump burnout?

I think you have a pump with a defect. I see you are in Brunei, where did you order from? You probably need a new motor 6100.015.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10395990#post10395990 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rvitko
I think you have a pump with a defect. I see you are in Brunei, where did you order from? You probably need a new motor 6100.015.

Yes you are right, the motor was totally out, and this I found out after I try with the other transformer the pump still not working. And other bad think, the transformer bottom part look like overheating it crumple.

For your info I buy in Singapore, I have to call to Singapore to check on how to go about it. Do I need to send the whole set pump and sensor or just sent the pump?

Every dealer is different in this regard, Tunze usually just changes the motor but the dealer will need to call Tunze and check what they want him to do.

Hi Roger,

We spoke on the phone a couple of weeks ago about my TZTS24 system which I received the on 6/4/2007. If you will recall one of the 6100 pumps (the one on the left side of my tank) keeps setting the alarm and I have now taken the pump apart 3 times since you and I spoke. There is just no build up that I can see that is causing this problem and if it were a build up issue I just don't understand why one pump would have it, to the point it shuts down and the other is fine. The one that is not setting the alarm has not been cleaned at all, which after less than 2 months of operation I wouldn't expect it to need cleaning any how. As you advised I've followed the above cleaning procedure to the letter but that is not satisfactorily solving my problem. I have the system set up so that it replicates tidal flow. The left pump (the one with the problem) works fine, the controller shuts it down and the right pump comes on. Approximately 6 hours later when the left pump is energized the alarm sounds and the pump will not operate. I take it apart wipe down, put it back together and a few days later it happens all over again and the interval seems to be getting shorter. Please advise me how I should proceed.

Thanks.
Ken

Send me the pump and we will get it taken care of. Usual turnaround is 48hrs.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

Recieved 6100 back

Recieved 6100 back

Hi Roger,

I returned from about ten days vacation on yesterday and when I came home my 6100 I had sent to you before leaving was here waiting for me as promised. With high hopes I immediately installed it. It came on perfectly. Six hours later, as programed it shut off. Six hours after that when it was programmed to come back on, it set the alarm. Exactly as it did before sending it in. I am now going to try switching the outputs of the controller to see if the problem remains with the same pump or if it changes. If it continues to be the same pump then I think we have a problem because whatever you did, it didn't correct the issue. As I told you previously the pumps are set up so as to dublicate tidal flow. One pump on for 6 hours and off for 6 hours. The second pump is off one the first pump is on and on when the first pump is off. For the first test after making the switch I'm going to shorten the on off cycle in the hopes of saving time in the diagnosis, realizing of course that if it does not fail I may have to carry the test out to the full 6 hour on/off cycle to know for sure.

I know intermitent problems can be next to impossible to diagnos in that if it does not fail you can not fix what is not broken. I'll let you know how the experiment comes out. Mean while if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Ken Stanley

Update. I've taken the pump apart, there is nothing blocking or hampering operation that I can find. I've switched the pumps inputs on the controller. The pump does not come on at all now, while the other pump functions properly on any of the controllers outputs. Perhaps now it can be repaired since it doesn't work at all. What is odd is that the alarm is not going off at all now.

Please send it ASAP, I have to have it by Friday to repair it before I leave for a two week vacation. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I will get it repaired this time.

Okay Roger, I have sent the pump in again. I hope you are able to get it taken care of. It is very frustrating to me and you too I'm sure.

Ken

Hey guys stupid ?. I have a 6080, the impeller keeps coming out of the motor and the whole assemby falls apart. Whats the deal does the impellar not lock into the motor. It doesnt seem to be missing any parts, that I know of. tia

It shouldn't fall apart but it doesn't lock in, it is held in by the magnetic field. Do you have a photo?

Hey again Roger. Just wanted to let you know the replacement pump came in and everything is working as it should. Thank you very much for the quick turn around. Hope you enjoyed your vacation.
Ken

Back