How to get rid of a coral barnacle?

Tennyson

I have had a coral barnacle on my frogspawn, its bugging me so I want to get rid of it or kill it without harming my coral. I was thinking about filling the inside with ic gel, would this harm the coral? And should the head grow around it?

Thanks!

I purchased a torch coral a while back. When I took it home and introduced it to my system, I noticed a barnacle in the middle of one the heads of the torch. Apparently it is not entirely out of the ordinary for this to occur, as many Euphyllia encounter this. I left it there for a month or two, with no detriment to the torch coral. Now it isn't even alive... it just died, and all that is left is the hole thing. My torch has also grown a new head since.

I've heard though, that if you want to get rid of it, go to the tank at night (when the coral is entirely receded), take a paperclip, and just stab the barnacle a couple times. Again, this is only something I've heard you can do - as for whether or not it works, I can't say. HTH

I guess your probably right about it dying, probably from starvation. So I'll just let it die, it would be dangerous to stab it with a paperclip, I am likely to miss and kill my coral. Thanks anyways.

Why would you do that? I have them on my frogspawn and think it is awesome to see a little thin hand come out and look left, right and suck back in

I just don't want any imperfections on my beautiful coral thats all. I spent $95 for four heads so I don't want anything on it. And I know that $95 is ALOT of money, but around here, green tentacles with purple tips is rare apparently:rolleyes:

Back