How to remove Tiny feather dusters

tom g

Hey there not sure if I am posting in the correct section or not .
How do u guys and gals reccomend removal of those tiny feather dusters .I think a copper band will do it .problem with that is i have terrible luck with a copperband and would hate to get one just for the cause .my tank is not a good environment for a cbb too many fast moving fish and they usually die after 3 months .any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks
Cheers
Tom

These guys are taking over my tank. They are pretty much covering all the rock work and it looks like a fuzzy carpet. Unsightly to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

If those are really feather duster worms them a copperband would be the solution.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Copperband

Copperband

Would so love to get one but unfortunately it would be a death sentence for him ...

The over abundance will eventually pass. Nutrient levels may also be a bit too high providing food for them. Why kill these little guys anyways. They are great little filter feeders .

filter feeders

filter feeders

yes agreed as above , great filter feeders .
just getting a little out of hand . that's all
not totally fed up but just wouldn't mind a clean up that's all
had to walk away from a copperband the other day lol "¦

Just to see an example . This was about a year after a restart of a old tank looking at one section of a LF. Now a year later only a few to be seen in the tank anywhere. Don't introduce anything to a tank that you know someday you will regret doing.

They really are good little guys and beautiful in a close in shot I took of just one.

Attachments

• c 3-9-19 015_edited-2.jpg
    c 3-9-19 015_edited-2.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 1
  • b 3-9-19 016.jpg
    b 3-9-19 016.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 1
Back