How would you plumb this setup?

I drilled my 75g Marineland tank and went with an external beananimal. Only thing I would have done different now would be to use a longer internal box and a slightly larger external. Would have skipped the weir as well. Setup has worked out great though.

a bean setup is hands down better than anything else..
if you can ALWAYS go bean..

And yes the longer the overflow box the better as it will provide more surface skimming to remove/circulate proteins,etc.. floating on the surface of the water and allow your skimmer,etc.. to remove/reduce it.

Not sure where everyone is buying them now.. I just make my own..
But I'm sure ebay has some,etc... You can always drill extra holes if needed to make it work with the bean requirements..

I just got mine from ModularMarine. I wanted a longer internal box without teeth, and he made one custom for me. I think mine was like $140 or so after shipping. It's pretty well made as well. And the external box has 3 drains, so you can plumb a BA in there. (If the bulkheads are in the way a little, just cut them down a bit.)

The unit I used was the 1200gph from Modular Marine. I asked for a couple of changes and they accommodated my requests as well.

Back