hurricane preparedness

Get a battery powered bubbler from the fishing section at walmart they last quite a while and will keep oxygen in your tank. They have saved me from many power outages.

I went to walmart yesterday for these (down here in Largo). They dont sell bubblers standalone. You have to buy the bubbler + the bucket. It wasn't too bad though - $14.87 each and I picked up three of them. These were the styrofoam buckets - the plastic buckets were somewhere around $25 each.

In the grand scheme of things the tank isn't that important. However... I have a battery backup and air pump set to alternate every 10 minutes. This is all setup through the apex. Lose power, turns every outlet off then starts the air pump after 15 minutes. It should last about 12 hours. Run the generator for a few hours, charge it back up and good for another 12.

I have left town, but have Some friends staying. If they can help out with the generator great, if not.. Oh well. If we lose power for multiple days, and temps get back up in the 90s, the tank will not fair well.

I am considering a larger battery to get multiple days out of the air pump without the generator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I went to walmart yesterday for these (down here in Largo). They dont sell bubblers standalone. You have to buy the bubbler + the bucket. It wasn't too bad though - $14.87 each and I picked up three of them. These were the styrofoam buckets - the plastic buckets were somewhere around $25 each.

In my Wally World in Brooksville the had the Baby Bubbles air pumps that run on 1 or 2 AA batteries. Says it will run for 20 +or- hours. Less then $5.00 a piece. Gonna run these on a 30 long fresh tank and my 20 long salt. The larger one were already gone. They have plenty of 12v Bilge pumps too.

Stay Safe guys, It looks like it's gonna be a long week. :headwallblue:

Does anyone know if you can claim corals and fish on your homeowners insurance if they die due to a natural disaster?

I left my house this morning, crossing my fingers hopeing for the best with the tank, plan to be back Thursday morning.. got a cheap pellet feeder and air bubble that I hope will hold it over

Back