Hydra 26hd tank mount option

How much does the 26HD weigh? Anybody tried using the Aquaticlife Halo mount? I've got a halo, the mount is quite sturdy, comes in 18" or 24" versions, adjustable height, and allows you to hide the cables inside the tube. Under $60 on Amazon.

top_light.jpg

They weigh about 4 lbs so I'm guessing thos would work as well.

http://www.careefco.com/read-me/
This seems like a nice mount! They make some nice mounts for most brands.

I agree they are beautiful mounts but again they don't offer tank mounts only stand/ wall mounts for the hydra anyway Which works just fine I just had my tank setup before I had the lights so I ran into issues mounting them that way :/ I still think every light company should offer a tank mount option for their series and most do. But I almost didn't buy the AI hydra because of this issue. Just have to be a little cleaver in this hobby.

Oh my fault. I thought this was a tank mount. I guess I should have looked a bit more into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my fault. I thought this was a tank mount. I guess I should have looked a bit more into it.

No worries, I posted this idea cause I did so much research and came up with nothin haha I even found a place in Europe that makes a tank mount for the hydra it's called the slim mount but they don't ship or offer in the USA :/ it looks sexy too very similar to the radion tank mount.

Oh wow. I looked for a little bit. Now I have my hydra for sale so that is out of the window.

Oh wow. I looked for a little bit. Now I have my hydra for sale so that is out of the window.

Oh really why are you getting rid of it what did you get in place of it? Were you not happy with the hydra , I'm curious as I just got mine.

I have the hydra 26 (non HD). I am downsizing to a 25 all in one. I will probably go with the prime HD with the tank mount. I loved the hydra honestly. No issues

I have the hydra 26 (non HD). I am downsizing to a 25 all in one. I will probably go with the prime HD with the tank mount. I loved the hydra honestly. No issues

Oh ok cool ya I hear the prime are awesome lights and have a great mount haha multipurpose :thumbsup:

They are very nice looking mounts and I was looking into them as well but my problem was the tank was already setup and only 4 in away from the wall before I had my hydras so there wasn't anyway to install them. So a tank mount was my only real option and they don't offer one for the hydras. Because I didn't want to hang or use classic rail system wich is to bulky looking and a pain. So I figured this out and I think they look pretty good. I'm happy with them.

FYI- The above statement is a common misconception.

All you need is 1" of space between the tank stand and wall to install the 6061 tank stand mounts. It will take two people though. One to hold the full assembly in place while another person threads the studs into the vertical post from inside the tank stand. Pretty easy to do with two people.

FYI- The above statement is a common misconception.

All you need is 1" of space between the tank stand and wall to install the 6061 tank stand mounts. It will take two people though. One to hold the full assembly in place while another person threads the studs into the vertical post from inside the tank stand. Pretty easy to do with two people.

Hmm well then. That is a misconception cause I figured it was that same as the AI ones, good to know! Thanks

I also wanted them mounted vertical since a have a deep width tank, not sure they offered that style or not. It's just a different idea that worked for me and threw it out there.

Back