Hydros controller review

s2k

Just finished setting up my hydros controller. It was pretty simple - the part that took the longest was untangling all the wires from multiple eb8 and outlets. Best part so far is having a WiFi quad plug on the other side of the tank which I can plug in the leds and skimmer.

I was able to link my alkatronic to my controller via the cloud.

900f481453c256b38c71ec8f919bfd71.jpg
e8da6f369396eccf6698feaa6fd36a6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having one for a few months now I am still amazed on how easy it was to set up with all of the presets. Accessories are affordable. So far super dependable but I did add a router extender in my garage prior as I as was concerned with my spectrum WIFI. I have maxed out my control 4 and added a Control 2 to it to sense more things. connecting it to the Alkatronic was one of the easiest things i have ever done with controllers. I wish joining other products to controllers was this easy.

Nice! I love my wave engine. Having gyres and vortechs under one controller and also connected to my apex is awesome. Their rope leak detectors are super cool. I'll probably go with the Hydros on my 25g lagoon build.

How's the controller comparing to Neptune apex??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have the new apex and my old apex classic was not compatible with trident. Fusion was inconsistent and would suddenly drop and I always have to redo the token thing to reconnect. So far hydros have been very easy.

Having one for a few months now I am still amazed on how easy it was to set up with all of the presets. Accessories are affordable. So far super dependable but I did add a router extender in my garage prior as I as was concerned with my spectrum WIFI. I have maxed out my control 4 and added a Control 2 to it to sense more things. connecting it to the Alkatronic was one of the easiest things i have ever done with controllers. I wish joining other products to controllers was this easy.

Nice that u maxed out the control 4. My tank is up and I still have a lot of unused ports for expansion. I really like how easy it is to add dependencies like if my return pump is off then skimmer and ato both turn off as well with a delay restart.

Back