Zoas

Attachments

• IMG_6162.jpeg
    IMG_6162.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6163.jpeg
    IMG_6163.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
Wait, what’s this? Tubb’s blue Zoas? Oh heck yeah…

Also, my frag kit which includes nitrile gloves, eye protection and a mask.

Attachments

• IMG_6164.jpeg
    IMG_6164.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6165.jpeg
    IMG_6165.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
I’m jealous. I just can’t get excited about anything knowing that I’m about to have to start over (again). Plus, my bryopsis episode is starting a comeback. It would really be nice to focus on growing coral 😂

I’m jealous. I just can’t get excited about anything knowing that I’m about to have to start over (again). Plus, my bryopsis episode is starting a comeback. It would really be nice to focus on growing coral 😂
That sucks man. Hopefully the new tank will give you a fresh start.

It’s not likely to be an in-wall setup, so I may just keep the same aquarium, but on a shorter stand. I complain a lot about the height, but it’s not so bad when you can reach in from the front (and actually see what you’re doing)🤣

I noticed the safety glasses in there... I'm growing more and more paranoid about the palytoxin even though I haven't experienced any negatives yet. I so badly want to frag some of my stuff but at the same time I also want it to triple in size so I typically just leave it alone, lol

I noticed the safety glasses in there... I'm growing more and more paranoid about the palytoxin even though I haven't experienced any negatives yet. I so badly want to frag some of my stuff but at the same time I also want it to triple in size so I typically just leave it alone, lol
Yeah, I got those safety glasses years ago back when I was a machinery & equipment appraiser. I needed reading glasses to read the data plates on machines to get the make, model, s/n, etc. The factories, machine shops, etc we went into required safety glass and would often provide an appraiser with them. It was really uncomfortable to wear reading glasses with safety glasses over them. If found those at Walmart for $10, they had built in reading panes in them.

I've never had issues with Palytoxin (that I know of) in all the time I've been reefing and fragging. But, I've heard just enough horror stories that I won't take a chance. When I frag zoas...safety glasses, nitrile gloves and mask.

I've never had issues with Palytoxin (that I know of) in all the time I've been reefing and fragging. But, I've heard just enough horror stories that I won't take a chance. When I frag zoas...safety glasses, nitrile gloves and mask.

Me neither but for a while there it seemed like someone was talking about palytoxin every day, then I was listening to a podcast and the guy starts talking about how his first frag of the day shot directly into his eye. He ended up being fine, but he said in his head all he could think about was "great, this is how I'm going to die? after everything else, this is what does me in?" LOL.

just seemed like one of those testing fate things where after I was exposed to enough peoples concerns on the topic, I should be more careful myself...

Back