"I don't have ROOM for a qt tank..."

Sk8r

Staff member
RC Mod
I've seen living spaces ranging from a NYC studio efficiency or a garage apartment, and generally, yes, room can be found most anywhere that can also support a tank. If your problem is a spouse reluctant to tolerate it, I can only say offer dinner dates at restaurant and other blandishments.

Here are SOME places:
1. kitchen counter: corner of kitchen floor.
2. bathroom counter or floor.
3. spare shower stall
4. spare table
5. buckets on bedroom floor.
What you need is filtration, and heat. If you are doing ttm, 2 buckets. And a bathroom where you can do the changes. Between uses, empty it and use it to store your test kits and other junk.
-------------
Has anybody else gotten creative about finding room for a qt?

I set up a small table next to the DT for TTM purposes. Doesn't hardly take up any room, and will be removed when fish are being done added. AKA its up for a few years haha.

I do TTM in two containers from the container store, holds 6 gallons of water without coming too close to the top. I'm not the best at Qt'ing fish by any means, but have to agree, the "no room" excuse is pretty damn weak.

Thank you. You took the words right outa my keyboard.

All too often, it isn't really not enough room or even an unwilling spouse. It boils down to "I don't want to bother with it so I'll just roll the dice".

My TTM setup consists of 3 5g buckets, two 50W heaters, some disposable airstones, and an airpump that is over 30 years old.

Thank you. You took the words right outa my keyboard.

All too often, it isn't really not enough room or even an unwilling spouse. It boils down to "I don't want to bother with it so I'll just roll the dice".

My TTM setup consists of 3 5g buckets, two 50W heaters, some disposable airstones, and an airpump that is over 30 years old.

yep

Sorry. I am still new at this and thought my photo would upload. Anyway, I have TTM going on in my kitchen so the wife and kids get to atleast see the fish and give me less of a hard time getting them into my DT.

I have two, one on the wine fridge in our dinning room and another one in our guest room. Ya, not my first choices, but sometimes you've got to be creative.

One of the many benefits of captive bred fish, they are always quite small so my QT can be quite small. ;)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back