I found a local source of prestone driveway heat

jbird69

This product appears to be acceptable for a reef calcium supliment based on randys diy 2 part. The google results of using this in an aquarium seem positive.

Any thoughts Randy, Highlandreefer, Boomer....

Thanks

Thanks Randy

I am curious, If someone dosed a product like this that had an unfavorable chemical in it, what would you look for with your livestock and what would be the immediate corrective action?

I'd start the first doses slowly. That is , much smaller than you expect to ultimately use. Concerns might be ammonia and/or metals like copper. So look for inverts to have a problem (snails/shrimp/crabs/etc) and watch the fish to make sure they do not show signs of stress or corals closing up. :)

I did dose this a while back and had no ill affects. I just got a deal on some 2-part and bought it or I more than likley would still be using it.

This product appears to be acceptable for a reef calcium supliment based on randys diy 2 part. The google results of using this in an aquarium seem positive.

Any thoughts Randy, Highlandreefer, Boomer....

Thanks

where did you find it?

Not sure, but I thought I saw a thread last year about the newest Driveway Heat containing too much boron. Anyone else on remember that?

The only sup's like this we use that may have Boron in it is Magnesium Sulfate, which 3 - 15 ppm in 1 Kg ( 2.2 lbs) in some.

Back