i have a qustion on a set up for a truvu tank

rocking

i have a truvu tank that i have set up and i am looking at incresing the filltraishon to the tank
here is the problem i have to keep the stuf to a low visablity with the tank
it is a sore spot with the wife !
for the guys out there u know what i mean
she has put a gideline down that it must stay with in the stand !
and it cant have a extural sump
so this has taken me out of what i know !

what i am thanking about is going to a
Lifegard Aquatics Aquarium Filtration Systems under the tank with a little fish reactor and hob skimmer
does anyone know of maybe a better way to do this or of a better filter with uv in it ?

Is it really too much of her to ask that your aquarium not look like a science project in the living room?

Can you describe your tank a little better? I.E. is it a standard rectangular tank? Perhaps an all in one? If you can fit a sump in the stand, can you have one then?

All you really need is rock, water movement, a skimmer, and way to use media (carbon/phosphate) in a fluidized way.....it's usually not much of a task to keep that in the confines of a stand.

Tank size would help, stand size/construction too. I have very limited stand space and a stupid shape but still manage to have everything in it...

ok here is a pick of the tank

ok here is a pick of the tank

ok here is a pic of the tank and the stand is 2x4 at 36" lone with 20" in highth that i can work with
the filter i was thanking about i will post pic of too
the tank is 36"15"16" 40 gal but is realy 37.2 gal
the one i am looking at is the shorter of the 2 filters

Attachments

• my tank.gif
    my tank.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 0
  • my fillter.jpg
    my fillter.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 0
chris that is just the way she is very very clean and how she ended up in love with a cowboy i dont know lol

If the tank is an all in one type setup, you really don't need all that extra "stuff", live rock & sand will get the job done, and you can supplement it with some media in the back section of the overflow, the filter tray looks like a prime spot. As for a UV, they aren't really necessary, carbon will polish the water quite well.

the flow is so low in the tank and not much at all in there for powerheads and much rock
right now i have 40 lbs live rock and 30 lbs ls in it !
and there is no room for carbon or any eles !

What I would do if I where you if just put on a hang on the back filter. I used to have one on my 20 gallon and it worked aewsome. It's behind the tank and out of sight and you can put carbon in there. You just have to remember to clean the filter pads.

In my opinion that lifeguard filter looks pretty bad, a sump would be much nicer to look at.

Last edited:
oh she just does not want water in her new carpet is all !
so she said no sump .
the lifegard will not be seen at all in the stand !

Ok i see now. Although I do want to add that with the lifeguard filter I think you still have to have water going down into the stand, but correct me if i'm wrong. So you will also need a pump in your stand, so to me it will not be completely leak safe, because if an o-ring or seal goes, water might still leak out. To me it's basically like a sump (mechanically) because you still have water going down and back up. So maybe a HOB filter would be your best bet. Just my 2 cents

Back