I made a mistake...need advice

TomDe

Keep it simple
Premium Member
I have had a female Ocellaris and a small male true perc in my 90 for a while.

I have also been waiting for an Onyx clown. Well, a female Onyx came up for sale in my reef club so I got it...

I had a guy come over to take my Ocelleris and what happens? I guess I am not experienced enough to know that you can not get a clown out of a tank filled with corals.

Now I have 3 clowns..I have tried at night, everything!

The female O clown is hosting in a BTA. The Onyx took to a frogspan almost asap. The male perc stays away by itself.

Anyway 3 could be ok in a 90 in their seperate hosts? I know I am probably dreaming but I do not know what to do...:rolleye1:

Oh no :( did you try flipping the lights on real quick to throw her into light shock?

Have you tried to catch her with lights off too?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9885045#post9885045 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jovreefer
Oh no :( did you try flipping the lights on real quick to throw her into light shock?

Have you tried to catch her with lights off too?
try the lights on at 2:00am. it has worked everytime for me. i have even done it without a net(some clowns should not be caught by net) and only my hands. good luck.

I imagine the ocellaris goes to the bta for protection, just put a net over the bta when she is in it and scoop her out. I've done it many times, it's actually very easy.

Just try really hard with a net. I've had quite a great success rate catching clownfish in an aquarium. They are horrible swimmers compared to damsels etc. big net and corner him/her!

I will have to keep trying. I have a lot of SPS so it is a project. I made 4-5 frags yesterday.

Back