I need a hand on my Apex Fusion.

RussC

Last night I started receiving a new alarm. Has something to do with my ATO float switch. But I can't figure out why it started or how it became an alarm to begin with. Things have been working just fine for over a month the way I had it set up. When my ATO was low I'd receive an Addwater_V alarm. This is a virtual outlet I set up to notify me when the ATO was low. Now this new alarm has appeared. ATO is full. Can't figure out why this is ocurring. Only two months into this, so I'm still a newbie to coding, etc. Your help and guidance may be all that's needed.

I setup a virtual outlet called Addwater_V using the code below to notify me when my ATO was low. When full, switch is closed.
Fallback ON
Set ON
If AddH20 CLOSED Then ON
If AddH20 OPEN The OFF

The float switch is connected to an outlet called AddH20.

The email alarm I started receiving last night says:
Statement: If AddH20 CLOSED Then ON

What has me stumped is this hasn't occurred before and I've been operating like this for a month or more. Virtual outlet was letting me know when the water was getting low. All is well. Now this email alarm has popped up. :headwallblue:

(disclaimer..not an Apex user.)
But have you verified proper continuity/switching of the float switches? aka one is not on/closed when it shouldn't be,etc...?

Just need a multimeter (or can't you just see the switching/status in some apex screen,etc..) Toggle them up/down and ensure they are switching properly..
Floats do fail..

The problem started at 3 am this morning so I haven't had a chance to fool with it yet to see if I can make the "normal" alarm manually activate. I say its a problem, because until now, things were working just fine. This "new" alarm literally just appeared out of nowhere. So its very possible the float has failed. Its got me scratching my head.

Well...... get to work.. :p
You are in a better place to find the answer vs any of us..

Again not an apex user so I'm not really sure what Fallback is but if ON = pump on and fallback is what I think it is then that doesn't seem like a smart idea..
But I'm likely just making assumptions here..

Changing the subject...what do you do to acclimate your corals? I'm about to make an online order. I'm a little gun shy with all the horror stories I've read. I do not have an QT. So I've got to make due with dips or whatever. Suggestions?

According to your code(IF I understand your situation) the alarm would always be on unless the switch is closed?

Rewire the BOB to reverse your wires so when full, the switch is closed, not open(all you have to do is reverse the wires). This will prevent a false trip. The only way to receive an alarm is if the float switch moves to the open position.

I have my virtual outlet programmed like this.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Sw3 OPEN Then ON
If FeedC 000 Then OFF

SW3 is the float in my ATO container(I didn't rename the switches on the BOB). I then go one step further in my ATO outlet programming to reference the float valve to shut the pump off if the ATO is empty.

Fallback ON
Set ON
If Sw3 OPEN Then OFF
If FeedC 000 Then OFF

FeedC is my maintenance mode.

Changing the subject...what do you do to acclimate your corals?

I do nothing but float the bag for 15-30 minutes then open the bag, grab the coral and put it right into the water.. (so temp acclimation only)

Done that for hundreds of corals and have never had an issue that I can attribute to that simplistic process..

However... If I was buying online I would follow the vendors stated acclimation procedure so that warranty claim could not be denied..
Or should I say I would state that I did if I ever had a problem (but likely would just temp acclimate anyway) ;)

Same as far as coral acclimation. Temp acclimate, dip for 10 minutes in CoralRX, rinse in fresh SW, toss in tank.

Only "pest" I've ever seen on any coral I've dipped is a few bristle worms, and the occasional copopod.

Back