I want your dirty water!

discotu

Discotu
I'm curing some gnarly rock and don't want to waste perfectly good salt water, at least for this initial water change. If anyone is planning on doing a 20-30+ gal water change soon can I siphon your water into my jugs? Looking for water column water and not the gravel vac kind. Preferably westside BTW santa clarita and Lax.

Thanks!

I would avoid this at all costs. Pathogens, parasites, etc can cause so many issues. Just buy IO salt for water changes or simply use gfo when you start to show phosphates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'll be awhile before my tank is setup so rock will be cooking for awhile. Long enough for "bugs" to cycle out.

It'll be awhile before my tank is setup so rock will be cooking for awhile. Long enough for "bugs" to cycle out.

It doesn't matter. It's a good idea on paper but if you get vermitid snails, gha, ulva, or bryopsis, it will be a pain for the rest of your tank's existence. Spend some money on fresh saltwater, buy some microbacter 7 if you can, feed and let it cycle.

Hey I have like 3 bags of io regular salt that has hardened if you want it come pick it up 90280 South Gate.

Hey Randy! Hope all is well with you too! I sold that tank awhile ago when it crashed and took a long break...I recently picked up a couple of used tanks and deciding which to keep. Stay tuned ;)

In the meantime, here are some pics of your old tank in all it's glory before the crash.

Hey I have like 3 bags of io regular salt that has hardened if you want it come pick it up 90280 South Gate.

That would be a perfect solution.

Can you get germinated snails from water? I do know that somehow I got aptasia after my wipeout and I've only put fresh cut frags in the tank. My working theory is that somehow one aptasia survived the wipe out.

Old Tank

Old Tank

Your old tank?!?!!? You still have the one I saw 2 years back? That was one of the most overgrown tanks I have ever seen. I can only imaging how it is now.

No, he bought my 100 Gallon before I did the 180... Now, I am going to get a 300 when I do the kitchen remodel... The 180 will go at that point...

Still doing pretty well, but has had a few issues.

I need a new calcium reactor.

Back