I worked my way up to a little knowledge...

Still never having used the D50 I was itching to get a chance to play with it. I was wondering how easy it was for a noob to take pics with a DSLR. Turns out its pretty easy. My local club had a MJMod party and it just so happens that that one of the members has a D50 with the Nikon 28-80 kit lens I was looking at. All the pics on this page where taken by me in full auto mode. Except the last one, I'm the big goon in the middle in the black shirt.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=914383&perpage=25&pagenumber=3
BTW check out the firepower the club is packing now!

I was wondering how well a DSLR would work as a point and shoot and was impressed.

This is the camera I want I just might chicken out and order frags while the weather is still mild and order the camera in the dead of winter.

I learned alot guys thanks for the help.

If you want to truely see the detail in your tank you'll have to go with a DSLR, I'm a Nikon fan myself, but if you must ... Cannon makes a fine product. You'll want a macro lens and a quality tripod. For the macro. I'd reccomend somewhere around a 100mm, as that will get to the back of your tank.

While this isn't in the back of the tank, it'll give you an idea of what you can capture with a DSLR and a maro lens (Sigma 105mm (~$400))

Actinic-Zoos-II.jpg

Zoos.jpg

Back