Iam about to build my forever tank. Any advice? I want to migrate my current two tanks

markjmbond

I am about to build my forever tank. Any advice? I want to migrate my current two tanks. I will use my apex and my sky lights. The sump will be outside and 2000l with a 2000l circulating water ranks to give me more volume and an easy way to change 2000l. I'm not 100% sure of the volume of the new tank. Its going to go round a post. Will have glass around the post
1728796671055.jpg
1728796671070.jpg

The bottom is going to have to be a different material than glass to get square corners. It will have to be sealed & I would think supported underneath. This will have to be done on site too.
You don't say where you live but temperature will affect you with an exterior sump.

Can you post a picture of the location you plan to place the tank?

Vinny posted some good insight above.

My advice...don't build your "forever tank" around a column. Not sure what your layout is but obviously you're trying to force it into that corner. 1st, ask anyone here....there's no such thing as a forever tank, literally or figuratively. The tank you're proposing will need to be built from the ground up around the column and will be permanent. The bottom panel will need to be split in order to wrap around the column then you'll want to glue a 2nd and 3rd overlapping panel on top and bottom of that seam so it doesn't crack apart with the weight of both sides. Based on your dims thats a lot of weight on both sides. Acrylic might be the better material for this.

Is it an L shape because its in a corner of a room? Not sure how a reputable builder could work in that space. If it's open space with a column in the middle of the room then just move the tank.

Back