Icecap Gyre interface.

Good info Michael. Just to add, when you go in and cut the wire on the cable, make sure you know what cable goes where in the LBF-AP box. That's just to avoid any damage to the Profilux.

The output lines from the Icecap will be available from Ice cap. the controller will either show + and - or the cable marked.

The Profilux L socket wiring is as follows. I needed this when I attached TMC Aquabeams since although TMC say they have cables to attach to the Profilux, they have not got around to making them yet.

But be warned, you are on your own if you make your own cables rather that using that box thingy (which wasn't available to me here in NZ either).

LEFT when viewed from back
Pin - Control
1 - 12V constant (warning: low current draw only)
2 - Ch1 1 to 10V
3 - GND
4 - Ch1 12V on/off (warning: low current draw only)
5 - Ch2 1 to 10V
6 - Ch2 12V on/off (warning: low current draw only)
RIGHT when viewed from back

Last edited:
Apart from reading it up on the Internet I made up a breakout cable so I could check it out with a multi meter.
I needed to construct a Y cable for the two Aquabeam channels but the 12v constant output has also proved useful for running my sump area illumination leds via one of those door activated switches.

Any words on this project?
have anyone try to run icecap interface with GHL brake out box to control Gyre ?

Just joining this thread...

I recently purchased a Maxspect Gyre 150 and must say - I am very impressed.... However, I would like very much to control it with my Profilux.

From what I've read so far, I need One Icecap and One GHL Breakout box per Gyre pump. I understand the breakout box and cable between it and the Profilux come from GHL.

Does the Icecap come with the cable to connect it to the GHL Breakout box ?

Has anyone gotten the reverse direction to work so that Alternating Gyre is possible ?

Thanks

I am waiting to get brake out box from GHL. Hopefully in a few weeks :). But you need to get Icecap cable. Got mine from Premium Aquatics.

Ive got both the Icecap and breakout boxes now on backorder...

Question - What cable do I need to go from Icecap to the GHL Breakout box?

Is it possible to have the GHL/Profilux control the Gyre pumps in both forward and reverse ?

Thanks

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450029056.313268.jpg
Finally got my "toys". Time to start playing .
Will keep you post it if its gonna work they way it should.

MSHUR

Any reports on hooking up the Gyre, Icecap, and GHL Breakout box ?

What other cable(s) are needed ?
Can pumps go in forward and reverse ?

Thoughts?

Sorry for late replay...busy time:)

Setting up was pretty easy, Icecap came with control cable . i had to slice this cable to connect with breakout box-very easy ( even for me):))
In the profilux setting i use Stream group with 1-10v interface. I use permanent opposite setting for two Gyre. So far so good..
if anyone need help please, shoot me a PM..

MSHUR

This is excellent news!

Ive now got TWO Icecaps, but only one GHL breakout box (hopefully the other unit will be included in the next shippment). I too noticed the Icecaps come with a cable that has an Ethernet (RJ45) connector at one end and on the other end it splits into two 1/8" stereo headphone plug...

Could you post a diagram of sorts to show which wires you used where?

Is putting the Gyre in reverse possible or do we just have variable speeds in one direction ?

MSHUR

This is excellent news!

Ive now got TWO Icecaps, but only one GHL breakout box (hopefully the other unit will be included in the next shippment). I too noticed the Icecaps come with a cable that has an Ethernet (RJ45) connector at one end and on the other end it splits into two 1/8" stereo headphone plug...

Could you post a diagram of sorts to show which wires you used where?

Is putting the Gyre in reverse possible or do we just have variable speeds in one direction ?

I dont have any diagram to really show, IMO its plug and play sort of. but, you can use one brakeout box woth two icecaps. when you openbreakout box you will see connector with +/- +/- so you split RJ cable and use for 2 pumps . With using streams option i cant use revers option on Gyre only variable speed.
if you get any trouble connecting shoot me a PM:)

I am not really good at programming logic option but wonder if its possible to use it with Gyre set up.....

mshur,

As for the cabling - Now that I've had a chance to look at things, the IceCap comes with a Y cable, looks like you cut off the RJ-45 (Ethernet) connector, leaving you with two separate wires. Since one Icecap is required per Gyre, we get to save the cable from the second Gyre.

Then its a matter of figuring out which wire(e) got to each "+" and "-"

Nice to see that the GHL Break out box supports TWO outputs.

How exactly do you have the Streaming Pump setup configured and grouped?

Just what are you thinking to use the Programming Logic for?

Thanks

Back