ich ahhhhh

xclusive252

NY Reef Club member
ok my beloved fish have ich and I want it out ASAP since I will going away on friday for a month. I know it might not be possible but I will be able to control some stuff when I am away. I am asking for the best method of getting rid of this. I know in the class we had Harry mentioned to raise the heat in the tank. If that is the best method out there and safest what is a good temp that wont kill my sps and save the fish and for how long?

hmm ur in a tough place eddie treat when u come back. raising the temp will only speed up the cycle and since u wont be around this wouldnt be a good idea imo. i would just wait it out since its less risky....beef up the CUC just in case this turns south. :/

its a few fish yellow tang hippo tang salfin tang I think I might try to catch them if it gets to hard Ill stop as I dont want to stress them anymore. They are eating good and I am putting garlic in there food

if they are eating that's always a plus Eddie. Look into Vitamin C dosing. I have been doing it myself and I definitely see an improvement. There is a good thread here on it that helped me. Vitamin C helps keep the immune system up and fight off damn near everything.

Back