ID Please.

Tony44

I have a feeling these are aiptasia, but I am hoping they arent. My pics arent the greatest, I dont have the greatest cam. I tried grabbing some with a pair of tweezers, but they go back into the rock, I heard aiptasia do that, can anyone tell me for certain if this is aiptasia or not?
In the pictures, the thing/anenome/whatever that I am talking about is right in the middle of the picture.

Thanks

151846phpM2vHDQPM.jpg
151846php8NEiyePM.jpg
151846phplcAwF1PM.jpg

151846phpM2vHDQPM.jpg

Sorry for the unclear pics, but hopefully someone might be able to give me an answer.

Thanks

Sorry, I really can't see anything except rock. If you can't get a better picture, try Googling aptasia and compare those pictures to what you see in your tank.

What color are they? Could be hydroids, but the pics are too blurry to say for sure. Can you post a better pic?

Sorry about that guys, but thanks for all the help, I will try to post better pictures. Camera aint the greatest, and I can only have pics that are 50kb.

They are a greenish color, and the pics taken are with just my actinics on. I will try to get some better looking pictures.

This is ridiculous, my camera is a piece, I moved the rock up right next to the glass, and the pics still come out very blurry, without zooming in. Anyone have any suggestions on how to take good pics? I have a Kodak Easyshare C530.

Thanks.

Since I cannot take decent pics, I am going to describe these things the best that I can. When I look closely, I can see that there is a little stem, that is attached to the rock, kinda like feather dusters. Like I said before, I tried to grab some of them with tweezers, and they go back into the stem thing. Is this something typical that Aptasia does? Or could this be something else? Could it be feather dusters?

Thanks

Sounds more like hydroids than aptasia.

or feathers, if your lucky,...

Looka t pictures of each.. try google.

Well, this is the best that my camera could do, took these with no flash, hope someone can tell me what they might be.

And HBtank, I really do not think they are hydroids, and I am really starting to think that they are feather dusters now that I look at them closely, lets hope they are. Please look at these pics, and maybe someone could tell me what they are.

Thanks again.

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa57/tony4424/

In the photobucket pictures, the thing you should be looking at is the small, little green things, that is what I am trying to get identified.

Maybe move your camera back about half a foot and it may focus your shots. I still cant tell since it looks blurry. Although they look 10x better than the first ones you took.

Back